Problems with image quality NOT taken on S7 Edge.

Knowledge

May 27, 2016
Visit site
To keep it brief, I'm finally back to Android after 5 years and I've realized an issue with the images on my S7 edge.

Photo's taken with my DSLR and edited in Lightroom/Photoshop get uploaded to Flickr and look perfect. Looks the same on my PC & other iPhone & iPad devices. When I look at them on flickr using my S7 they appear darker so when I save and post to IG they are also darker. Any ideas on what is happening because once they get posted on IG, everybody sees them darker which is no good.

I have saved the correct image from Flickr onto an iPOS device and texted it to the S7 and it apparently comes in dark. I don't want to have to use the iPhone & iPad to post to IG that's preposterous. WTF am I missing?

Here's an example:

As seen on Flickr using PC & iCrap products
27205955605_f29d1fe606.jpg

As seen on Samsung S7 Edge
26685572943_c0d88757ce.jpg

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry I fail to see the 'darker' image you are talking about. Maybe give us links and upload both to Dropbox or something.

mitul_mehta

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
There is indeed a minor difference if looked closely but that is coz of the AMOLED back LCD screen. Don't worry ur s7 is just about fine.. Put that Pipe in your mouth and relax..

Knowledge

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry I fail to see the 'darker' image you are talking about. Maybe give us links and upload both to Dropbox or something.
Maybe 'Darker' isn't the right description but the difference is clearly evident. There is a tinted shade of blue with the S7.

There is indeed a minor difference if looked closely but that is coz of the AMOLED back LCD screen. Don't worry ur s7 is just about fine.. Put that Pipe in your mouth and relax..
I don't follow what you're stating about the AMOLED screen because once I post this image everybody sees it this way on whatever device they're using.

Any other takers?

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
First, I love the photo! I am a photographer, as well.

At first, I thought I saw a difference between the two photos, but it must have been the power of suggestion, because I opened them both up in separate browser tabs (Chrome on iPad) and flipped back-and-forth between them. Other than one having a black border, thus compressing the size of the photo a few pixels, they're exactly the same. Any darkness you are seeing is how the S7 Edge is rendering it - try changing your screen settings. Also, if you have a ColorMunki (other brands may also work on mobile devices), you can measure your phone's color profile so that you can preview on your computer screen what your images will look like on your phone.

Therk

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Afraid I can't help you solve the problem, but I don't understand the people saying they can't see a difference in these two pictures. I can plainly see the second one is darker blue then the first. The darker picture is not necessarily unpleasant, but it is obviously different.

Screen Shot.jpg

I do think it's kind of funny that you refer to Apple products as iPos and iCrap, but then explain that they are the only devices that appear to be functioning correctly! LOL

Last edited:

Knowledge

May 27, 2016
Visit site
First, I love the photo! I am a photographer, as well.

At first, I thought I saw a difference between the two photos, but it must have been the power of suggestion, because I opened them both up in separate browser tabs (Chrome on iPad) and flipped back-and-forth between them. Other than one having a black border, thus compressing the size of the photo a few pixels, they're exactly the same. Any darkness you are seeing is how the S7 Edge is rendering it - try changing your screen settings. Also, if you have a ColorMunki (other brands may also work on mobile devices), you can measure your phone's color profile so that you can preview on your computer screen what your images will look like on your phone.
I can calibrate the screen but then it would change everything else on the phone and everything else is perfect aside from this issue.

Afraid I can't help you solve the problem, but I don't understand the people saying they can't see a difference in these two pictures. I can plainly see the second one is darker blue then the first. The darker picture is not necessarily unpleasant, but it is obviously different.

I do think it's kind of funny that you refer to Apple products as iPos and iCrap, but then explain that they are the only devices that appear to be functioning correctly! LOL
I have numerous other reasons I call them that but yeah they seem to not have this issue lol. Unfortunately I'll browse IG using the S7 but post images via the iPhone. Ugh.