How can I set different sets of Favorite Contacts on 2 different Android Phones?

cgrad09

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
My personal phone is a Galaxy S6 Active. My boss just upgraded my company phone from a Galaxy S4 to the Galaxy S7 Edge (Verizon). I have my work contacts separated from my personal contacts via Gmail. On my work phone, I am only displaying my "Work Contacts" group so I don't have to shuffle through all my personal contacts. That being said, is there a way to display a different set of "Favorites" on my work phone from my personal phone?

Previously, on my work phone, I saved the contacts directly to the device and did not sync Google contacts between my work phone and personal. That worked for setting up different favorites, but I prefer not to do that. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How about this as a workaround: create a homescreen folder full of Direct Dial widgets made up of your favorite contacts. That's what I do--I have a "Speed Dial" folder on my main homescreen, and if I touch it and then touch a contact, it dials that number directly.

cgrad09

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Wow. I do that on my personal phone for firing off quick texts and I wouldn't even have considered it! Thanks for the response. Much appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez