Video quality kinda sucks!

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I recorded a video and it backed up on Google Photos but the quality is pretty bad! I also uploaded to Facebook and it looks terrible! What am I doing wrong? I used the QHD (2560x1440) setting in the video settings. Is there a better setting for better looking HD videos? I want to be able to take a decent video and view it on a monitor in widescreen, not just small size on my phone.

Here is a sample video that I took...it looks OK small but click full screen to see what I am talking about!

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=SHdwRmh1bDA0Tk9aQmxJdmxCX0M1TDNJSWEyaU9R

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
You need to change your upload preference to original in google photos. Not sure about facebook, havent used it in years.

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
You need to change your upload preference to original in google photos. Not sure about facebook, havent used it in years.
You are correct...I dropped my video into Dropbox and viewed on my PC at full res and it was HD. I don't really want to use my storage on Google Photos as it is free for high quality...original size storage uses your quota. Is there any other video storage that is good? Maybe just upload to Youtube?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
You are correct...I dropped my video into Dropbox and viewed on my PC at full res and it was HD. I don't really want to use my storage on Google Photos as it is free for high quality...original size storage uses your quota. Is there any other video storage that is good? Maybe just upload to Youtube?

Without paying Im not sure what you can use to maintain the quality. I have never uploaded to Youtube so Ill let someone else comment on that.

Edit: You can try Mega and see if that works for you. They give you 50gb free. I had a few issues with auto sync working but other than that it was pretty good.

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I think its because you are streaming the video from google photos which is probably why the video doesn't look its best, if you were to download the video locally from google photos or google drive then it will probably be the original quality if you upload at the original quality. (google photos original quality doesnt count towards drive storage if the photo is 16 MP and 1080p video). Looking at your sample i think it looks fine if you change the quality in the setting to 1080p and let it buffer considering its a night time shot.

As for videos and pictures on facebook looking poor that is normal. Facebook is built for speed so they compress everything quite alot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty