Transferring Titanium Backups from Note 4 to S7 Edge

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I got my S7 Edge today. So far, so good. Lovely looking phone and the GPS is much improved over the Note 4 performance.

I plan on restoring apps and data from TiBu backups taken on my Note 4 but I'm wondering what is the best way to do this?

I'll need to root the Edge and after that is it just a case of installing TiBu and the sd card which has the backups and restore? Are there any apps/data that cannot be transferred to a new device? Also, will I have to purchase a new license for TiBu?

Thanks for any help.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
You'd be better of reloading your apps from the Playstore. TB is great when restoring to the same device but restoring to a different device always causes problems. Force closings, constant reboots and other less than desirable performance issues. While it may take longer, you'll end up with a better experience.

To answer your question, you will not have to purchase a separate license. Once you buy it, you own it.

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Managed to sort it. Rooting was straightforward and restoring apps and data seemed to go through smoothly too.

No problems so far.

Although my SD card seems to be on it's last legs. Was a huge pain trying to backup files to my computer as quite a few refused to budge due to I/O errors. Tried a quick format but the problems are persisting. Chkdsk didn't find any errors in read/write mode so as a last resort, I'm trying a low level format but it's going to take forever as the speed has dropped to about 1.4MB/s.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95