Best Microsd Card?

Air Planet

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I have three questions regarding microsd if you give me answers for these three then it will be more good☺

1)Can you tell me which microsd card is best for overall performance(4K Shooting must)?

2)And what about you think Samsung evo plus vs Sandisk extreme pro microsd?

3)And which microsd card is nest in overall performance for s7 edge?

Last edited:

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
In my experience, the Samsung cards are better with Samsung devices. I've had several Galaxy devices reject/damage SanDisk cards, but never any problems with their own memory.

I had read recently an article that investigated the transfer speeds between the EVO+ and the other Samsung cards. There is a pro card that is slightly faster than the EVO+ but there's a problem with diminishing returns for your money going with that higher speed...worth it if you're a professional photographer, but otherwise...

I personally use a 64GB EVO+ card in my S7E with no problems.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I use a 128GB Samsung EVO+ in my S7E and used the same for a couple of years in my Note 4. I put the same in my wife's phone. Over on the Note 4 forum the same advice was posted on using Samsung cards as mentioned by Dngrsone. The only uSD card I ever had fail was a SanDisk a few years ago.

Air Planet

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I use a 128GB Samsung EVO+ in my S7E and used the same for a couple of years in my Note 4. I put the same in my wife's phone. Over on the Note 4 forum the same advice was posted on using Samsung cards as mentioned by Dngrsone. The only uSD card I ever had fail was a SanDisk a few years ago.

Can this evo plus card record 4k videos directly in it using s7 edge?

Air Planet

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
And what about samsung pro plus is it any difference in both of them in real world means using in s7 edge and data copy speed using data cable?

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
And what about samsung pro plus is it any difference in both of them in real world means using in s7 edge and data copy speed using data cable?

Faster, perhaps but I can't say from experience. The EVO+ has been more than adequate for me, including copying to the phone over USB.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the 256g sd card that I received for free from Samsung for buying the Note 7. I've not had any issues. Then again, I'm no expert.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
In evo plus how much data copy speed you receiving over data cable?

I copied a 3.03GB folder to it from my laptop's SSD in approx. 3 minutes (it didn't show transfer speed but I think that comes to about 133Mbps). I copied a 2.52GB folder from the card to my laptop in 1 min 15 secs.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
The Pro+ is faster than the EVO+ but I don't know if that translates to improved data movement between the phone and computer.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
The Pro+ is faster than the EVO+ but I don't know if that translates to improved data movement between the phone and computer.

I believe that is true. For large data transfers I have taken the card out and put it in a USB 3.0 card reader (I do the same with the same card in a GoPro Hero 4 silver in which this card works great).

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
One note I would add - if I were going to use the card for adoptable storage then I would view higher R/W speeds as more critical and would opt for the fastest card I could comfortably afford, e.g. the Samsung Pro Plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699