How to change keyboard back to simultaneous language after Samsung 7 Edge update?

Lrosalea23

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
My system advised that I had a new update. I installed it and it changed a bunch of stuff, mainly the look of things which is taking me a bit to get used to, but one of the things that annoys me is that it changed my keyboard/language settings. Before, I would have my keyboard on English US but type in two different languages (English and Spanish) and it would recognize both. It would autocorrect, etc. Now I have to toggle between languages. I can't figure out how to fix it. Anyone know?

Also, I don't like the color of my message bubble on my texts. Anyone know if there is a way to change this?

Cliffy0910

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I agree Lrosalea23 this is the same problem I'm having. Very frustrating! Not sure how to correct....Sigh :-(

Last edited:

carolina sanchez

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I had English, Spanish and French. I would change the language on the spacebar, depending in which language I would type. After the update, it all went away. I added the languages again, but the keyboard is stuck on English. No autocorrect on the other languages and no keyboard to use special ortographic items. How can this bve fixed?

Madpiano

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
In the settings select virtual keyboard, then select sumsung keyboard, then go to language selection and choose and download your language))))

Diego Mejia1

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
This actually worked. Go to Settings>Language and Input>Virtual Keyboard>Samsung Keyboard> ADD YOUR 2ND LANGUAGE HERE...

It worked for me. Thank you Madpiano!!!

Lorelyne

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
it does not work for me. Of course I input french and english but it will not simultaneously recognise the langages to correct automatically. I have to slide the space bar to swap langages: which will also change the type of key board (qwerty or azerty). I cannot write with the azerty key board with English correction anymore... it is very frustrating... anybody has the answer please?
for galaxy S7

gomezju47

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
it does not work for me. Of course I input french and english but it will not simultaneously recognise the langages to correct automatically. I have to slide the space bar to swap langages: which will also change the type of key board (qwerty or azerty). I cannot write with the azerty key board with English correction anymore... it is very frustrating... anybody has the answer please?
for galaxy S7

Prifg

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue, I even tried to complain with Samsung, but nobody seems to understand the problem, let alone to have a solution.
It's really annoying

redvulcan

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
You owe madpiano an apology, i did as he/her suggested and it cleared the issueand i can now swipe space bar and switch languages again

Prifg

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
But that's exactly the issue. Before the update we didn't need to swipe anything to switch languages. It would recognize the language automatically as you typed.

Maro87

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
But that's exactly the issue. Before the update we didn't need to swipe anything to switch languages. It would recognize the language automatically as you typed.

I know exactly what you mean I used to be able to type polish and English and the keyboard would pick it up automatically and insert special characters if needed to

crazyjeeper99

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys .. same trouble and no solution found .. I type in four languages and under android 6 it worked fine. prediction was switching automatically.. with android 7 now I need to switch manually the keyboard language which is very boring ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis