Ideas on how to fix a very buggy gallery app?

A

AC Question

Hi folks. The default gallery on my s7 edge has been acting up recently. Here are the issues I've been having and what I've tried to do to fix them:

- when you press on an image it loads but it is very blurry
- when this happens I am also unable to use the auto adjust, share, edit, and delete buttons
- sometimes a thin white box appears around the image after pressing it
- when deleting a photo I can no longer swipe right or left to see the next one

what I have tried to do:

- restart phone, hard reset, clearing app data, checking storage not full, uninstalling recently installed apps that may be interfering. Am unable to uninstall and reinstall as it is hard-coded or built-in however you say it.

Any ideas?

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey there ... i think your sd card is corrupted Shutdown your phone and pull out the sd card try hard reset wihtout sd card after that download some pictures from the internet in your internal storage and then see what happens

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with @Leonardo_Ramadanovic -- the card could be causing issues. I don't think you have to do the factory reset yet, though. Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and then insert it in your computer. Can the computer read these files, and if so, do the images appear normal? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

It would also be interesting to see if this problem occurs with a new card.