Should I update my phone?

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I read many complaints about the new version. Does this update bring many issues?
I just check my phone and download the firmware, but I don't really know what this update is.:eek:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I updated to nougat on my 7 Edge and have had no real problems it actually runs a little better and the battery life seems pretty decent

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any issues at all, everything is running great. The main reason you see so many people with issues is because people don't typically go to forums to tell you how great everything is. They come to find solutions to their problems.

Last edited:

Hey I Tried

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Updated and fine here as well.
You need to remember, when cruising around forums, you're going to see a lot of people saying they are having issues. That's kind of the point with a lot of the forums.

There aren't too many people going to post new threads saying "just updated and running fine".

SgtPepper1969

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, Nougat is available 2 download but I had a bad experience with my G4,got 5 hours of sot with LL but only 2 hours on MM so kinda put me off with these bad battery stories, I'll pull the trigger at some point??got S7E exynos in UK..

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes.

Do note that it is best that you do a factory reset after updating as it ensures that the device will perform in the most optimal manner on the new software build.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I read many complaints about the new version. Does this update bring many issues?
I just check my phone and download the firmware, but I don't really know what this update is.:eek:
If you want to get a great Nougat experience, update and do a full format of your phone.

I did this and thoroughly enjoying Nougat so far.

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I have updated mine. After two days use, I have found something really good, I like the notification bar, the nice app icons, several modes and the higher quality of video player.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I updated mine to 7.0 last week and i have nothing but issues. I did not factory reset it though.. i am going to do that this weekend. I must say the battery life is good though that wasnt an issue. My badges wouldnt disappear or even register that i had a notification. It kept freezing. I cant send MMS. The internet wouldnt stay connected. Hoping a factory reset will help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty