Help - Frozen S7 Edge

mandygurl

Feb 21, 2018
Visit site
Hello All,

Just this morning I tried to put my code in and use my phone like any other day except the phone went black and would not turn back on. I tried a soft reboot (home key, volume down & power) and we had life... sorta. My phone is now stuck part way through the load screen and is unresponsive, I cannot do another reboot or turn off the phone. Please see attached a picture of what the phone looks like now, any chance my phone is savable? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 15

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the S7 forum to the S7 edge forum, to be more specific.

That looks ominous.:-\ First, force a shutdown by pressing and holding Power and Vol Down for about 20 seconds. Then see if you can boot into Recovery and wipe the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28028

mandygurl

Feb 21, 2018
Visit site
I attempted to use the combination of Power and vol down to turn off device, which seems successful. However when I do the further combination of Vol up, Home & Power there is no reaction from the phone only a solid black screen, I held the key combo for over a minute. Phone has returned to the same bootloader error screen. My computer can't recognize the phone so I'm not sure if I will be able to flash the phone without the computer able to find the device itself. Any other suggestions? Can I still use Odin on the phone if the phone is not visible on the computer itself when connected?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Odin will work -- you have to be able to get into Odin mode on the phone as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87