Anyone going to ditch Note 5 for the S7?

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone going to ditch Note5 for the S7?

I don't think the Note5 to the S7 is an upgrade for myself.
The normal S7 screen is too small for my tastes, the edge would be ok but I'm not a fan of the curved screen or paying extra for it.
I stopped using sd cards a long time ago, I prefer my 64gb version and the cloud. (I'm sure lots of people disagree and that's ok, this is my preference)
Plus I'd lose the S-pen which I like for a few tasks and .2 inches of screen real estate with the edge.
If I bother upgrading I'll wait for the Note 6, but honestly the Note5 runs perfectly , I get great battery life and I don't feel like I'll need an upgrade this year at all. Better to save the money for more important things.

d1ganje

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site

I currently have the iphone 6s and looking to make the switch to android. Do i go with the note 5 or the s7? I had the note 3 before and the galaxy s5.

Since I currently also don't have either, I am curious on this too? Pros seem like you get the bigger battery, updated hardware including camera. Cons though no S pen, which I am curious about and smaller screen size.

KillerNut

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm a galaxy note newbie, and I am absolutely enjoying the Note 5. My new phone will probably be the Note 7, as I tend to get two years out of my phones. Unless there is some other device that comes out that absolutely wows me.

Juliann826

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I must be the odd ball because I have a note 5 and although I love my S pen and use it frequently, I can't stand how large the phone is. I'll be pre-ordering the S7.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If you like the note 5 then no, no reason dump it and go with s7. Note 6 will be just as good as s7 anyway, So just wait for Note 6.

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea I am. I love my Note 5 but I think the screen size of the s7 will be good enough anyway.

I don't use my s pen enough to make use of the screen on my Note 5. I'm mainly getting the s7 because of fantastic deals but micro SD slot, better camera and a smaller screen size helps.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I love my note 5 but going to the S7 Edge. Bigger battery, better low light camera, and microsd make it a good case for me to switch.

Posted via the Android Central App

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes,switiching to regular S7. Love the Note 5 but growing tired of the finger gymnastics. The S7 felt dang good in the hands. Also, the Note 5 looks ridiculous in pants, especially dress pants. And I can't sit with it in jeans.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Everytime I get a new Note I feel completely satisfied and see no need to buy the next iteration. And everytime I buy the new version within 1 or 2 weeks of release.

Did hesitate on the Note 5 because of the battery issue. But I adjusted and everytime I pick up my Note 4 to play videos on TV I'm struck by how extraordinarly heavy it feels.

(But, hey, Samsung would it have killed you to make the phone mhl compatible?)

kingnothing

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I dumped by Note 4 for the Note 5 and almost regretted it immediately. The Note 5 was an awesome phone and didn't really give my an issues but I liked my N4 more. I really disliked the pop out stylus. I ordered the Gold, T-Mobile S7 on Tuesday and am looking forward to its arrival.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Can't go down once you up in screen size....
Not true for me. Here's my phone history;

2011 - Galaxy S2 - 4.3"
2012 - Nexus 4 - 4.7"
2013 - Nexus 5 - 5.0"
2015 - Moto X Play - 5.5" (returned within 14 day return window because felt it was slightly too large for my liking)
2015 - Sony Z5 Compact - 4.6"
2016 - Galaxy S7 (preorder) - 5.1"

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I love my note 5 but I will be checking out the S7 edge. I'll miss my spen for sure, but since I have jump I'll check out the note 6 when it comes out.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Come on bro.

No reason too unless you want a smaller phone.

Note 5 is still the boss of all bosses lol.

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Love my Note 5 debloated rooted adblocked. It runs great and has excellent battery life. Have the S7 Edge on order. I am in love with the refined shape of the S7 edge. Losing some screen size is bad but easier one handed use. New SoC waterproof and 3600 mah battery had me sold. Can't wait for the Note 6 now

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Waiting for Note 6. Depending what Samsung does with the note 6 i will get it or wait for the S8.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana