Are you going to buy the Galaxy S7?

Are you going to buy the Samsung Galaxy S7?

• Total voters

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Simple question here... now that we've had a day to mull things over. Are you going to get the S7? Cast your vote, and sound off in the thread! What do you like? Hate? What are your favorite features?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
With only 32GB, I'm probably going to hold on to the next Note :( I get why they added SD card but not adoptable storage, but 32GB still doesn't leave much room for apps (have you seen games nowadays??!!), which is where 32GB might fall short. For media I have cloud storage, too... for apps? Not so much.

There's also something about the overall rounded shape that just looks, to me, worse than the S6 or Note 5... Maybe I just need to actually see one in person, but at least from pictures I prefer the more squared design.

Waterproofing is nice to have, though.

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I currently have an AT&T carrier branded Samsung Galaxy S5.

I'm on the fence between a carrier unlocked international Galaxy S7 or a Nexus 6P. Under no circumstance will I buy another carrier phone.

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site

I'm on the fence between a carrier unlocked international Galaxy S7 or a Nexus 6P. Under no circumstance will I buy another carrier phone.

Ditto!
The S5 is the last carrier / manufacturer bloatware phone that I will own. I love the features of my S5, but refuse to buy another phone that has two layers of crap between my phone and security / OS updates....

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Not until I see full reviews and actual user reports. I like what I see (especially with the larger battery of the Edge), but who know what problems lurk behind the hype?

One thing that really does trouble me is that they're only selling the 32GB version in the U.S. Given the amount of bloatware that Samsung typically installs on their phones, I worry about how much memory is really left for the user. If I could get a 64GB version, I'd be more likely to say yes.

But once all the reviews are in, I'll get either this, the G5, or a 6P. All of them have flaws, though. No manufacturer has yet combined all the best features into one phone.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My S6 Active is the last bloatware filled phone I have brought and will avoid any OEM that doesn't sale unlocked. I will not subject myself to carrier branded, locked, and rarely updated phones anymore. Since Samsung can't figure that out they are dead to me like many others.

Posted via the Android Central App

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm undecided between the S7 and S7 Edge, I've historically shyed away from bigger devices but it doesn't appear to be much difference between the S7 & edge size-wise.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

I'm interested in doing this too. Is it possible to order international unlocked one from US? I wonder if Exynos version supports all at&t LTE bands.

switchblade_bravado

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered the S7 (non-edge) to replace my LG G2. I was considering holding out for the G5, but I thought I'd give Samsung another shot. Plus, by pre-ordering, I get a free Gear VR and 1 year of Netflix, so that's an added bonus. Hopefully it reviews well (Samsung phones generally do). My biggest requirement is battery life, so my fingers are crossed that the 3,000mah is enough. I just want to get from 9:00am - 5:00pm without a recharge with moderate usage.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Not until I see full reviews and actual user reports. I like what I see (especially with the larger battery of the Edge), but who know what problems lurk behind the hype?

One thing that really does trouble me is that they're only selling the 32GB version in the U.S. Given the amount of bloatware that Samsung typically installs on their phones, I worry about how much memory is really left for the user. If I could get a 64GB version, I'd be more likely to say yes.

I heard that they are supposed to release the 64GB versions of each. According to the CSR at TMO, it should be in a month or so.