UK Pre Order from Samsung

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Mine arrived in store. I'm working so I can't play around with it just yet, it's waiting out the back for me, I'll play around with it on my lunch 😀

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Got my beautiful gold S7 (not too blingy) with the VR headset. Don't know if anyone has noticed yet but if you are going to transfer stuff from old phone to new phone with the dongle thing included, the old phone (currently my Samsung S6) is recharging itself from the new phone therefore draining the battery on the new phone. So I would advise making sure your new phone is fully charged before you do the dongle transfer. I don't know if the dongle transfer is different to Samsung Switch but I was just following the steps on set up, as you do. Have fun with your phone - I don't think lunchtime is enough playtime lol!

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Got my beautiful gold S7 (not too blingy) with the VR headset. Don't know if anyone has noticed yet but if you are going to transfer stuff from old phone to new phone with the dongle thing included, the old phone (currently my Samsung S6) is recharging itself from the new phone therefore draining the battery on the new phone. So I would advise making sure your new phone is fully charged before you do the dongle transfer. I don't know if the dongle transfer is different to Samsung Switch but I was just following the steps on set up, as you do. Have fun with your phone - I don't think lunchtime is enough playtime lol!
It's not different, it all goes through Smart Switch. The dongle is an OTG adapter :)

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Got my Gold S7 a few hours ago.

Posted via the Android Central App on a kicking Samsung Galaxy S7 and loving it.

Samsung have come back to form after nearly getting the S6 right.

Dennis Forbes-Smith

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I ordered my S7 Edge nearly two weeks ago and despite emails, even yesterday, from Samsung tell me to "get ready for your new phone" it still hasn't even been dispatched and they don't even know when it will be!! When I called earlier today, they said they were awaiting stock to fulfill my order (only a cover) and they cannot part ship (the phone is in stock) - unlike so many other retailers that can part ship. Perhaps Samsung should have a word with Laura Ashley, Crew, etc. and find out how they many to dispatch items that are in stock then follow up later with another delivery once non-stock items become available. I hope the S7 is not technically lagging like Samsung's sales/order processing/delivery systems or I will send it back - on the assumption I ever get it!

I think I will stick with my old Elephone P8 or even go to the dark side and get an iPhone (on second thoughts that would be too much of a desperate option!)

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
So Smart Switch was a bit of a hassle from my Sony Z5 Compact (seems Sony have done all they can to make it as difficult as possible by blocking OTG transfer as well as blocking the app via the Play Store, so I had to resort to installing the APK manually).

Still, it's restoring all my apps now.

It might be a placebo but it seems noticeably cooler than my Z5 Compact gets while installing lots of apps. It also seems to install them at a quicker pace (which I guess is not surprising as it's a faster processor).

Now I really need a screen protector of some description, preferably tempered glass. I already bought the official Samsung Clear View Cover, which seems pretty nice.