How can I get my front camera on the Galaxy S7 to stop flipping the image?

A

AC Question

When taking a front facing picture or "selfie" the camera automatically flips the pictures when they go into my gallery. I can't find a setting to take this off. Does anyone know?? Thanks!

mccrawrr

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
My phone front camera settings are correct (save image as previewed) but logos on t-shirts are still reversed. Any other suggestions?

Duceyco

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Hopefully they will have it fixed in the Oreo update this summer. Very annoying

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
This has to be the stupidest thing I've ever read.

"My phone front camera settings are correct (save image as previewed) but logos on t-shirts are still reversed."

If it saves the image AS previewed, then what you're looking at is the MIRROR image of reality. Do you know that you don't actually look like what you see in the mirror? The reality is flipped. Come on! So any normal smartphone camera in selfie mode is going to show you the mirror image cause it makes more sense when you move your body from left to right. If you have it save the image as THAT, then you're going to get everything reversed, not as in how it really looks, so OF COURSE the text is backwards on everything and your shirts! Come on. Did you not think of trying it the other way?

LagrangeL4

Sep 27, 2020
Visit site
This has to be the stupidest thing I've ever read...

Then you've not read even one-part-per-million of what I've read, as I've seen millions of things more "stupid" that the post you're replying to.

Actually, most people make several common mistakes regarding mirrors. You just made one yourself in your response:

...Do you know that you don't actually look like what you see in the mirror? The reality is flipped...

Nope. While most people (obviously including you) think the following two things about mirrors, these are actually both false:

1. "Mirrors reverse things." No they don't! If you doubt that, write some text on a sheet of transparent mylar or glass or other clear material and hold it up to a mirror. See? Not reversed!

2. "Mirrors reverse left-to-right but not up-to-down." No they don't! Mirrors never reverse anything at all, in any direction! The reason people think "mirrors reverse left-to-right but not up-to-down" is because when someone writes something on a sheet of paper and then hold the paper up to a mirror, they habitually rotate the paper 180° along it's center vertical axis so that the text is facing the mirror. But it was the person who reversed the text (by rotating the paper), not the mirror!

Likewise with text on the front of a T-shirt you're wearing. Say you're standing in a bathroom with a mirror on the west wall, facing east. Now stand so that you, also, are facing east. That means you're facing the same way as the mirror. If you look over your shoulder, you don't see any text in the mirror, because you are opaque. So you turn to face the mirror (that is, you rotate 180° along your center vertical axis). You now see text in mirror, reversed left-to-right but not up-to-down. But it was you who reversed the text (by rotating yourself), not the mirror!

Likewise with a phone's front camera. If a phone manufacturer didn't horizontally-flip the preview image, most people would complain (wrongly!) that the camera "flipped" the image. But it was the phone manufacturer who "flipped" the image (by rotating the "front" camera 180° along its center vertical axis during manufacturing relative to the "rear" camera), not the camera itself.

Advice: Don't insult people you're attempting to either give advice to or request advice from, or they will be very unlikely to take you seriously or respond cordially. You wouldn't be able to get away with that face-to-face (you'd likely be either punched or jailed), so you shouldn't behave that way on the Internet either.

Besides, it will often be the case that when you disagree with someone (and hence you think they're stupid), the actual reason for your disagreement may be that you're simply mistaken. (As you are here.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer