Connected to WIFI but things aren't happening.

A

AC Question

Ok, I do apologize in advance if this has been answered but I have spent the last two days searching forums, google, etc and I haven't found a solution that works or fixes my problem.

I received my Samsung S7 on Tuesday after a long and often stormy affair with the iPhone. Now the problem I seem to be having is that when I am connected to the WIFI here at work, I seem to have issues with pictures, GIFS, videos downloading in my apps and browser. I also can not see to download apps from Google Play. The downloading bar just keeps going and going, like it never catches and starts the download.

When I am at home on my WIFI there is no problem at all, downloads are fast, browser pics, videos, etc come up super quick.

I am almost certain I am paying for a better internet speed at my home, so that makes sense but I never had a problem with my iPhone 6 here at work in the past.

I've tried rebooting everything, I've tried clearing the cache, changing the date, nothing seems to improve anything at all.

Please help!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Check with your company's IT department--their wi-fi network might be set up to block that kind of activity on certain sites.

mwnance

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same problem.. works at home, not at work. I had no problems on my G4 so I kow work is not blocking it.

I saw a thread about turning OFF bluetooth but then I could not connect at all. What is strange is some apps work or work for a while then its like my connection is locked or lost. and turning off Wifi doesnt help, have to restart the phone so I can get data to work.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

mikecomp93

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
i posted another thread just like this yesterday.

i got the s7 edge on monday. worked great on the wifi on campus, worked fine at work, worked great at home. for some reason though, tuesday and wednesday were different. tuesday and wednesday it just kept disconnecting at home and not loading any web pages or refreshing any apps. i kind of looked past it thinking my internet was just acting up. last night i couldn't take it anymore because i was starting to use a lot of data while at home. so i did everything you guys did but i also reset network settings and reconnected to my wifi, which worked for the night. i figured i had it all solved...until i got home from work an hour ago and it was right back at it again not loading and disconnecting itself.

what the f*** is going on here?!!??!