Music streaming stops/pauses on galaxy s7

vingamm1

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi All, the issue still persist even after I turn off power save mode. Nothing seems to fix this issue. I've tried rocket player and poweramp etc. And no luck.... feels like an absolute waste of money for a music lover

One other thing. I had a similar issue with connectivity with my gear watch. I could not get the gear manager app to work no matter how many of the trouble shooting tips I followed. My problem had to do with migrating data from my previous device. I had a Note 4 on Lollipop and now I have a Note 5 on Marshmallow. When I synced the apps they were optimized for Android L not Android M. When I downloaded the Android M updates it corrupted some of the apps. I ended up having to do a factory reset of my device and cleared the system cache. When I did all my apps were installed with Android M parameters. The connectivity issues went away, Rhapsody is now on the Nth order faster and my phone boots a lot faster. I know that is drastic but it helped me it might help you.

Tsunny green

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I've had the Samsung galaxy s7 (sprint) for the past week and the one bug/glitch I've noticed has been with music streaming. It doesn't matter if it's pandora or spotify but the music will suddenly stop playing either halfway through the song or after the first song requiring me to unlock my phone and once the app is back on my screen it starts playing again without having to hit the play button. Its happened on 3g, 4g, WiFi, while driving, with bluetooth headphones, regular phone speakers etc. I've tried turning the phone off and on, and clearing the cache however nothing is working. I've looked up previous issues and people have said the comcast app with the s5 caused similar problems but I don't have that problem. Upgraded from a s5 last week with none of these problems. Any fixes?

killergunner1232

May 24, 2016
Visit site
If anyone is still having this issue, You can still stream music while in power saving mode. You just have to make sure that you turn off All background data in the power saving mode. Works after i did this for me.

evansmp

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
I just got an s7 and i dont have bluetooth in my car so I usually use a usb cable to stream pandora but no matter what I try it will not stream anything via usb. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

anamator

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I just posted a similar question in another forum when I couldn't find this one when first searching. However I'm glad I finally found this one with some good suggestions. I have a GS6 from ATT and just updated my OS from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1.

The fix that allows you stream your music and to keep Power Saving Mode On is to touch and hold the Power Saving Mode toggle on the Quick Access Pull Down menu at the top of the screen. When the options open for Power Saving Mode, turn on power saving mode and then click on the Start power saving words. The default is set to Immediately but change it to what ever setting you feel fits you best like "At 20% battery power". Exit out of that and Viola!! Your now able to listen to your streaming music again while your phone screen is off and locked! Hope that helps, enjoy...

Screenshot_20160614-193713.jpg

sakendrick

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Turning off power saving doesn't solve the problem for me. Stops at end of song, have to hit play again. Sometimes after 1 song, some times after a few. Plugged in or not, always on Bluetooth, Marshmallow, latest update of Play Music.

sakendrick

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Realized that when it pauses, I have a notification that says Music Paused - You're listening on another device. But I know I'm not listening on another device.

Naysmitj

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
If anyone is still having this issue, You can still stream music while in power saving mode. You just have to make sure that you turn off All background data in the power saving mode. Works after i did this for me.

I have the S7 edge and streaming radio apps all stop when I either open another app or the screen turns off.
Tried everything mentioned in this and many other forums.
Very disappointing compared to my IOS phone that I traded for this pos phone.

lin_sh

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site

Best Solution!
You just need to turn off "Restrict all background data" in Power saving mode settings.

It works for me and I can still stream music while in power saving mode.

dlman66

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
So I have a Samsung G6Active that I've had for just over a year. Music and Audio apps worked great...until I got the Marshmallow update. Since then, audio plays for about 10 minutes (+/- a couple minutes) afterwhich the audio pauses. Amazon Music Player, Google Play Music, Pandora, Podcast Addict, SoundCloud, it doesn't seem to matter which app. I experience this problem regardless of whether power saving mode is on or off so that is not my issue despite all the helpful suggestions in the thread. It is very strange that this started to happen after the OS update (but it sounds like I was just lucky it didn't happen to me with Lollipop). I'm about ready to do a factory reset, but I've seen that others have tried that without success. Does anyone have any other suggestions that do not relate to Power Savings mode?

Agenda337

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
If you are not using power saver: check the app's data settings to see if you are restricting the background data. Restricting the background data will pause the audio when you leave the app.

dlman66

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions, but I don't believe any of them were the issue:
  • Power Saving - Not on, still happens
  • Text message/notifications - Did not find any correlation (audio would stop and I would check, but no notification or message had come in)
  • Background data - Didn't check this, but I hadn't changed anything so I'm not sure why this would suddenly be an issue. At any rate, the audio app was the foreground app (i.e., I didn't leave it). Screen saver would kick in, but audio would continue to play when the screen went dark...until it stopped.

Ultimately, I got things working again by doing a factory reset :( Post reset, audio plays without stopping, but it is a drag to have to reconfigure all my app settings.

Phoenix10295

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Omg, I registered just to respond to this. I JUST emailed Pandora again because i'm having the same issue with mine on my S7 Edge! I had my power saving on for days and that could be why! I just turned it off so HOPEFULLY this might fix that issue! Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted on the results!

Doug 1

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
So I have a Samsung G6Active that I've had for just over a year. Music and Audio apps worked great...until I got the Marshmallow update. Since then, audio plays for about 10 minutes (+/- a couple minutes) afterwhich the audio pauses. Amazon Music Player, Google Play Music, Pandora, Podcast Addict, SoundCloud, it doesn't seem to matter which app. I experience this problem regardless of whether power saving mode is on or off so that is not my issue despite all the helpful suggestions in the thread. It is very strange that this started to happen after the OS update (but it sounds like I was just lucky it didn't happen to me with Lollipop). I'm about ready to do a factory reset, but I've seen that others have tried that without success. Does anyone have any other suggestions that do not relate to Power Savings mode?

Me too! Great round-up of my situation. And it does it with music on my phone as well, no just streaming. Soooo frustrated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa