Galaxy s7 video is wavy at beginning of video

timmorris83

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Just got s7 a couple of weeks ago. When I shoot a video, the image has a wave go through it within the first couple of seconds, and sort of a blurry line in the middle. These artifacts go away after a second or two. Thought maybe it was the playback software on the phone, but I have transferred the video to other devices ie...create a link, direct to pc, and the issue follows the video. Any suggestions? Anyone else see this? If so, is it know with Android/Samsung phones? I am new to the environment, temporarily coming from Windows, so not familiar with know bugs. Thank you for your time.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. If I turn off stabilization in the settings, it doesn't happen. Also, I'm pretty sure the optical image stabilization is always on, and the option in the settings is for digital.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That might be it. I can't remember which of my devices I saw this in--it might have been my Zenfone 2--but I do remember noting that videos seemed a bit choppy with the image stabilization on as well.

cenon415

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I too am currently experiencing this issue with the video recorder. I always have to restart my Samsung S7 to temporarily fix the issue.

jimbaran

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Which carrier you're with? I am checking if the update is based on carrier or I have to go to samsung website or other services to fix it.

Thanks.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I only asked because it points to a software issue not a hardware issue, it looks like your going to have to wait for the software update to be rolled out.
That's the one thing I don't like about android, the fragmented software updates.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Same problem on my Verizon S7.
I'd say 3 of 4 videos all have shaky beginnings. Hope this gets addressed -- I hate having to pre-film for 3 seconds of worthless video & trim it out.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Went to an airshow a few weeks ago and all the videos at the beginning were extremely wavy then it disappeared about 2 or 3 seconds into the video

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Mines now doing it. Less than a month old from Verizon. Removing auto stabilization made it stop. Hope they fix it soon.

aztopdavid

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Ditto here. Got my Verizon S7 at end of July, a day before a trip to Hawaii, and 8 of the 14 videos I shot are affected by this annoying phenomenon, especially the ones I took of the Big Island of flowing lava! When I first noticed it, I thought I had gotten the phone too hot (near the lava), so I'm glad to hear that's not the case. The phone software is current, so I'll turn the "Video Stabilization" off in the camera settings, but I hope an actual fix will be forthcoming from Samsung/Verizon! Aloha!

vbuchanan2

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I've just ordered a replacement Samsung s7 edge this month and I have finally used the video. I also have the same wavy images at first. Also with Verizon. This never happened to my previous Samsung s7edge I got in March. I replaced my other phone due to cracked screens with insurance. It's strange. I hope they fix this bug soon.

Last edited: