Kind of disappointed in my note

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
For example, I 3d print. I recently purchased a resin printer. Out of the box, it had crazing all over the cover. I emailed that company 4 times and no response. I attempted to chat with them, only to sign in, and every time, it go to automatic time out on their end(I have fiber cable, so it's not my connection), and then finally, I had to rejoin Facebook(can't stand Facebook), join their group, send one message with no response, then, to post a topic, and have someone give me the name of someone that helped them. Then and only then, did that person help me... Now, is my printer bad, no, and was it cheap, no.. But, am I going to buy another product from them? OMG no.. Lol, their customer service is the pits!
Wow, that's some copious detail about an unrelated product just to illustrate for us the general concept of a consumer grievance.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I haven't had ads myself, my brother gets them on some of their apps now that he didn't before. I do everything I can do to get rid of ads, I hate them.

Do some research... it's no secret that Samsung is starting to put more ads on their devices. And they're also going to quit including chargers on next year's S21 line. You know how they operate, make fun of Apple one year then copy them the next lol. They're starting with no chargers in South Korea, but it'll be world-wide pretty quickly.

Honestly I don't know how you guys justify to yourselves spending that much money on their phones. I'm not knocking you, I just could never justify it to myself.... and I've tried believe me lol. I would just feel like I'm knowingly letting a huge greedy company rip me off, while making some skeezy CEO richer and my family poorer.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Do some research... it's no secret that Samsung is starting to put more ads on their devices. And they're also going to quit including chargers on next year's S21 line. You know how they operate, make fun of Apple one year then copy them the next lol. They're starting with no chargers in South Korea, but it'll be world-wide pretty quickly.

Honestly I don't know how you guys justify to yourselves spending that much money on their phones. I'm not knocking you, I just could never justify it to myself.... and I've tried believe me lol. I would just feel like I'm knowingly letting a huge greedy company rip me off, while making some skeezy CEO richer and my family poorer.

honestly,no one is justifying who is right or wrong...ads on device vs ads in apps is a different story.for example Xiaomi,when brand new ads are everywhere.whereas in Samsung's point of view,ads in their apps. Have you tried a Xiaomi device? The latest Xiaomi devices have this Glance by Mi which is super difficult to disable. A lot of work just to turn it off. and not to forget even more ads which cant be disabled...

and when Samsung first included Bixby,i was so pissed at Samsung. To add insult to injury they even added another button...

but again,until now i have not seen a single ad on my N20U other than the one in Galaxy Store...

and OP is in Beta...im on Official October update.no issues at all.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I don't need to be told to do my research.. I've already done it and you told me nothing that I already have not heard or read about. I simply said it's a possibility. My device does not do ads yet, at that point in time I will decide to suck it up or change phones, or maybe there will be apps to block them till samsung blocks those.

At the moment there's to many uncertains and samsung has proven several times that until you hear them say what is going to happen or not going to happen it's all speculation and we were just guessing.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site

Agreed and I won’t buy another Samsung product after my note 20 now.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't need to be told to do my research.. I've already done it and you told me nothing that I already have not heard or read about. I simply said it's a possibility. My device does not do ads yet, at that point in time I will decide to suck it up or change phones, or maybe there will be apps to block them till samsung blocks those.

At the moment there's to many uncertains and samsung has proven several times that until you hear them say what is going to happen or not going to happen it's all speculation and we were just guessing.

thats my point too...i have no ads other than Galaxy Store so i cant be as pissed as i was to my Xiaomi... and the OP still havent mention what Samsung app is showing ads...

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I was just offering a solution, but it doesn't seem like you want solutions. So have a nice day and a merry Christmas.
It's not about not wanting a solution. Not at all, but I did mention that I use [Mod redacted]in my reply(so it wasn't a need for a solution, more for an example on this). But anyhow, thank you, same to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I see ads in galaxy store, themes page when trying to download a free theme, samsung health has banner ads on the top. Its annoying for sure.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
And I'm not honestly going to pay to use YouTube premium, just to not get ads. But, I will say that I've thought about it. Just don't want to pay more, as the benefits aren't there for my household..

i use Youtube Premium Family...USD$5/month...USD$5 for 5 devices/account is a good deal...id rather pay on the official app then install a 3rd party app...But thats just me i guess...

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
You know, after all this time, the beta, and price I paid, I really am disappointed in this device..

It's just little simple things that I was hoping the beta would solve. Not to mention, work like they always had, out of the box.

One thing that annoys me to no end, is that the auto restart at selected times, has never, ever worked on this unit. It worked perfectly on my 10+. But not one, single time on this device. I reported it, within the beta, but their weird, cryptic system and responses(lack of).. Just ugh and yuck..

Then, little things like I can't trust the keyboard to work 100%. On this expensive of a device. Just idiotic..

Also, a new bug: I can no longer get into my camera settings. Cleaned cache and data, no go. Force closes(you know, God forbid them letting you install an update to their faultysystem app)..

And probably the most annoying thing at these Damm ads! I can't stand ads! They are so intrusive and overall disgusting in my book these days. I remember when they first began with the ads on YouTube(yes its just lovely to be in the middle of enjoying a video, only to have the screen snatched away to some dumb, and irrelevant add.. And oh yes, disturbing me, is really going to make me want to spend money on your product..NOT). Actually, even before that, on television..

I stopped watching televised TV, and began pretty much viewing DVD movies(and I literally ran, and changed devices, services, etc, because I couldn't stand commercials, ads, etc). And now, your bombarded by these ads on a 1500.00 device that I paid for.

I don't know. I know they are small and annoying things, but they're annoying, to, for me, sort of to the level of stomach cramping. Mnnn, maybe I'm just grouchy.. lol..

But, I find myself lately wafting to turn this off, put it in the box, throw it in the drawer, and pop the sim back in my 10+. Funny thing, is I've never felt this way about any of my Notes before(in the full lineup of notes I've had over the past, what 10 years, I've had all but the 9)

I'm not seeing any of this.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
[Mod redacted] I Uninstall at least a good 10 apps, probably diskette just as many, because of ads. But the point is, as I've done for over 10 years with notes, I shouldn't have to. No one should..

Do I mind? Yes.. Is it the end of the world? If course not.. But, it does make me sort of feel angry as much as I paid for this thing. Especially when I habe a fully functional 10+ sitting in the box, next to my bed. That has more storage, ram, and none of these 'fundamental" and core issues..
[Please don't discuss that app in the forums]

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm not disturbed by ad's on my N20 Ultra as I use adblock plus for Samsung Internet.

Maybe a free app you've downloaded has ad's built into it.

Perhaps put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops.

In regards to your camera issue if Safe Mode does not help then remove your sd card as a malfunctioning one can cause issues.

That and consider a factory reset.

I wish you all the best with this.

Please tell me what it is you prefer with Samsung Internet, I'm considering switching from Chrome but i don't know enough about it to decide.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Please tell me what it is you prefer with Samsung Internet, I'm considering switching from Chrome but i don't know enough about it to decide.

For me Samsung browser on Android is the best for me.

I believe it uses the Chromium project so it's pretty much a Chrome browser so performance I find identical as far as loading pages and most features like drag down to reload a page and swipe left and right on address bar to swipe tabs.

But for me the UI in Samsung is just more user-friendly and faster... just having a toolbar with the back, forward, (and especially the) favorites, and tab buttons on the bottom makes all the difference in the world. Especially for one handed use it’s nice to have those buttons a thumbs reach away. And if you those aren’t the buttons you want to use it’s fully customizable.

With Chrome, they go for the super minimalist look and put everything in the hamburger button at the top right. With phones being super tall... how useless for one hand use and to do something like pull a site from your favorites it’s basically a two step affair to get a list and again they list top down making a hard reach.

I think customizable is the keyword here with performance equal if not better than Chrome.

I would recommend anyone to give it a try... load up a handful of your daily go to links on them, bookmark them, use the tool bar to conveniently load them up when needed... or create a new tab or 3 or 4 of your favs and be able to switch back and forth... and then do the same on Chrome.
;)

Probably the best Samsung app they’ve made.