S7 Calendar Limitations

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I've found the stock calendar app to be quite limited compared with my previous S5. For example, I would like to "reply to all" from a calendar event or forward the event to someone else. I know I can "share" the event, which sends it as a calendar attachment, but I'd like to forward it directly, so it doesn't show up as an attachment for the receiver.

Also, can I add comments to an event that I delete so a custom message is sent to all participants rather than the default cancellation message?

If this functionality is not available in the stock calendar app, is there another app that anyone would recommend with a good interface and full functionality?

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the stock Samsung calendar app, or Google calendar? If you're using the Samsung calendar app, I suggest Google calendar.

For me I have no problems sending, receiving, or esiting calendar events or invites. If you use your Gmail inbox, for obvious reasons it integrates with Gmail quite nicely.

Posted via the Android Central App using my badass Galaxy S7

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the stock Samsung calendar app, or Google calendar? If you're using the Samsung calendar app, I suggest Google calendar.

For me I have no problems sending, receiving, or esiting calendar events or invites. If you use your Gmail inbox, for obvious reasons it integrates with Gmail quite nicely.

Posted via the Android Central App using my badass Galaxy S7

Currently using Samsung.

How about Microsoft Exchange Server integration for Google Calendar? My work uses Exchange.

Thanks!

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Any other calendar apps out there that people recommend (especially for day view with many conflicting appointments)? Or, is Google Calendar the general go-to for most?

Cher4Scuba

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Someone from Samsung please help!!! I HATE, HATE, HATE the S7 Calendar. My Calendar on my S5 was WONDERFUL. This version on the S7 SUCKS. On the S5 I could schedule my Mom's chemo, share it with her and the family as a calendar event and it went right on their calendar. Also, I work all odd days / hours in 3 hour increments. When I got my new schedule, I could just tap the "say Monday noon - 3 Copy it to a new date and it would include the reminders and everything. Now I have to put them in ONE AT A TIME, ADD THE REMINDERS, ETC. I HATE THE S7 FOR THIS REASON. And I should not have to BUY a calendar app after paying $700 for a Fn phone. WTF -- WHY SAMSUNG WOULD YOU MAKE THING WORSE IN A NEWER VERSION. Wish I could return this f'n thing.

I wrote to their customer support - NO REPLY.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't guess I have the Samsung calendar. Do you have to download it from their app store? I had it on my S5 and chose Goolge Calendar instead. I use and like Google Calendar but don't know if it does what you're needing. Sorry :( But, if you DO
have to buy one from the play store, it seems like $1-$5 would be totally worth it as upset and angry as you are
(it's a small price to pay). I'm sorry about your mom :(

I'm not quite as upset as you are but I really miss Air View. Used it all the time with Google Calendar so I could get a quick glimpse of the day's job without having to open and close the window.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
sushiguy, I've got my S5 for sale on ebay but if it doesn't sell, I'm considering keeping it JUST for Airview and the quick and easy access to calendar events without having to open the dates. The other day I was looking for a job to mark it paid and had to open and close nearly every date in March. With Airview I would have had that task done in seconds :(

PretzelLogic

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
The Google Calendar is really nice, but the icon has a static 31 on it. That is a Costco sized box of fail in 2016. That's why I'm still using the Samsung calendar.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Monica please let me know if yours sells. I'm going to sell mine too but if not I was going to give it to my kids to play with.

Posted via the Android Central App

Elizabeth N

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I completely agree. I HATE that they've removed the ability to easily copy tasks and events. The thing that has been bothering me the most is that they removed the ability for us to show/hide completed tasks. Sometimes it's great to be able to look back and see which tasks you've already done, so that it helps you remember things that you need to do - and if people don't like it, they can hide it. But for me, I found that functionality very useful. When was the last time I completed this task? I would like to be able to see that without having to friggin search for it.

I had an S2, then and S5, and now and S7. I stuck with Samsung literally because of the calendar system and how far back all my logs went. Next upgrade, I'm going with another device. Way to ruin a very good productivity tool.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
There is an app that puts a widget on your home screen that has the correct date. If you tap the widget it open the calendar for you. Called DAY WIDGET! Solved a problem for me! I also use GOOGLE CALENDAR.