Zagg Glass or HD InvisableSHIELD?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Broke down and bought the S7 today at BB for $100 (2 yr contract). Had just about talked myself out of it till I discovered it was on sale <g>
Was going to have BB put a Zagg InvisableSHIELD on it but they were out of stock. Have one on my S5 and have been happy. My husband has a Zagg glass screen protector. I really like his but I've read of some fitment issues with the S7 Edge. Don't recall if it was just with the Edge or both variants. Is there a problem with the Zagg glass screen protector on the S7?
Thanks

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Don't get it. They don't fit properly on the edges of the screen

Posted via the Android Central App

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Broke down and bought the S7 today at BB for $100 (2 yr contract). Had just about talked myself out of it till I discovered it was on sale
Was going to have BB put a Zagg InvisableSHIELD on it but they were out of stock. Have one on my S5 and have been happy. My husband has a Zagg glass screen protector. I really like his but I've read of some fitment issues with the S7 Edge. Don't recall if it was just with the Edge or both variants. Is there a problem with the Zagg glass screen protector on the S7?
Thanks

Welcome to the s7 family.

Unfortunately one thing you're about to learn about our almost perfect device is the edges of the screen are slightly curved so almost every tempered glass protector you come across will either not go to the edge because the manufacturers know it won't properly cover them or they will go to the edge of the screen and not properly adhese because of the slight curve in the glass. Apparently a few manufacturers are designing new shields that will properly fit. Until then try what you want but just know it may not cover your entire screen. Right now I'm using mines naked with only a case. I have a Dbrand skin on the way and may just use that with the included screen protector

Posted via the Android Central App and my Galaxy S7

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard ! How are you liking it?

Well, I have mixed feelings about the S7. Pretty much hate the audio quality.
In settings under Sounds and Vibrations, I found "sound quality and effects". Haven't had time to play with that but I'm wondering if that's only for music anyway and not the overall phone audio quality.

An app I use everyday isn't working (ACR). Found the developer's site and it seems it's all US carrier S7s. I use this for business so it's pretty important.

Don't seem to have an option to "sync" my Google calendar.

I've yet to get the phone up to 100% battery :eek: It came with a free Samsung charger but it's not the fast charging charger. I'm coming from a S5 that charged in record time! This is slow as molasses :( And apparently it didn't charge overnight. I put it on the charger and am fairly certain I saw it indicate a charge but woke up this morning to 17% battery life. Today it's been on the charger (several times) but two hours continuously and still not fully charged. Hasn't gotten over 78%

And yes, I've done the updates :)

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
In settings under Sounds and Vibrations, I found "sound quality and effects". Haven't had time to play with that but I'm wondering if that's only for music anyway and not the overall phone audio quality.

An app I use everyday isn't working (ACR). Found the developer's site and it seems it's all US carrier S7s. I use this for business so it's pretty important.

I've yet to get the phone up to 100% battery :eek: It came with a free Samsung charger but it's not the fast charging charger. I'm coming from a S5 that charged in record time! This is slow as molasses :( And apparently it didn't charge overnight. I put it on the charger and am fairly certain I saw it indicate a charge but woke up this morning to 17% battery life. Today it's been on the charger (several times) but two hours continuously and still not fully charged. Hasn't gotten over 78%

Is it possible you got either a defective phone or charger?

Google calendar should sync automatically (I came from an S6 edge plus). At least mine did. I didn't have to do anything and my Calendars all synced when I set up the phone. In fact, I normally have my wife's calendar synced, and that also synced automatically- I didn't have to add her email address or anything- it was all set up automatically.

I don't know what ACR is, so can't help you there. Is it a Marshmallow issue or S7 issue?

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Very happy with my Invisi-shield HD on my S7edge. Fits great and the way little bubbles dissipate and disappear is just magic. It may take a couple days for the last little bubble to disappear, but I am a happy camper.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible you got either a defective phone or charger?

Google calendar should sync automatically (I came from an S6 edge plus). At least mine did. I didn't have to do anything and my Calendars all synced when I set up the phone. In fact, I normally have my wife's calendar synced, and that also synced automatically- I didn't have to add her email address or anything- it was all set up automatically.

I don't know what ACR is, so can't help you there. Is it a Marshmallow issue or S7 issue?

It's always possible one of the components are defective.
I'm sorry. I should have clarified the syncing issue. As you noted, when I signed into my gmail acct, all sorts of things "synced"....calendar, text messages, gmail, playstore, contacts and probably more. In the gmail calendar app (S5 running Lollipop), there was an option to force a synchronization. Sometimes when I list a job on my husband's online calendar, it doesn't show up right away and can take several minutes. If I force it to sync, it will show up on the calendar quicker.

ACR is an app you can find in the Playstore. It's Automatic CAll Recorder. It records both sides of a phone conversation. I use it for business. When a contractor or designer calls with a job for my husband and I'm not in a position to write down the information, I can go back later and get the details to put on his Google calendar. And it's not a S7 problem, it's Android 6 and only affects the US Android phones.

AND I MISS AIRVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Welcome, I use both the Samsung calendar and i downloaded the google calendar from play store. The both sync together great. I have no issues with either one. I am running both right now cause i am undecided which one i like better. I also have the S7 and not the Edge. I have the Zagg Tempered Glass screen protector on it. Their is a halo around the edge of the screen cause it does curve slightly. Also i have had mine since March 8 and i am starting to see dust and pocket lint getting under the tempered glass where the halo is. So even though i like the screen protection i may end up taking it off.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I'll be getting another Zagg InvisableSHIELD. I was perfectly happy with it on my S5 till my husband got the Zagg glass protector for his S5. Hopefully they'll make one that fits in the near future.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I agree with one of the replies above. It appears that you may have a defective device or charger. I am pretty sure that the GS7 comes with a fast charger. I can top off pretty quickly.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Very happy with my Invisi-shield HD on my S7edge. Fits great and the way little bubbles dissipate and disappear is just magic. It may take a couple days for the last little bubble to disappear, but I am a happy camper.

Hopefully BB will have some InvisableSHIELDs instock Mon or Tues. I let them put it on. It costs but they do a much better job and will redo it if I'm not happy with it. And if anything happens, they'll replace it free. At least that was the policy when they put one on my GN 2014 and S5.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with one of the replies above. It appears that you may have a defective device or charger. I am pretty sure that the GS7 comes with a fast charger. I can top off pretty quickly.

Are you saying the free charger I got was supposed to be a fast charger? When I go back to have a screen protector applied, I'm going to exchange the charger. Something isn't right. The cable charger that plugs into the phone seems pretty fast but I don't know if it's a "fast" charger.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Charging by wire you will have a notification that it is fast charging and time to full, if it is fast charging. Wireless charging does not have that notification, but the charging pad says fast charge on its face. There is also a switch under battery in setting to turn fast charging on and off.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying the free charger I got was supposed to be a fast charger? When I go back to have a screen protector applied, I'm going to exchange the charger. Something isn't right. The cable charger that plugs into the phone seems pretty fast but I don't know if it's a "fast" charger.

As mentioned above, when you plug in, it should show fast charging and how much time to full charge. Your device supports both wired and wireless fast charging. I am with AT&T and the fast charging brick with USB cable came in the box.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Check under Battery in Settings to see if fast charging is enabled. Mine was by default out of the box.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Another tempered glass screen is made by Tech Armor. I am still using the stock Otterbox Defender one instead of a tempered glass.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Fast charging is enabled.
Wireless charger doesn't have "fast" on the front or a switch on the back.
Cabled wire does say "fast charging".
I tried again last night to get a full charge with the wireless charger...success!
My husband doesn't understand why I need a "fast" charger for my slooooow paced life <lol>
I guess between the nonfast wireless and the fast cable, I've got all I need :)