Randomly faded icons on home screen. Also Flipboard page-flip issue.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Nova Launcher Prime. Once in a while I will notice an icon become "milky" looking. I can return it to it's normal appearance by long-pressing it, choosing EDIT, and then hitting DONE. I've seen this happen to two of the 30 home screen icons, at the same time. I'm wondering if this is a glitch that folks have noticed when using Nova Launcher (on ANY phone), or have noticed this on the stock launcher, on the S7 or S7E. Besides the two icons that became milky during the same time period, over the course of owning the phone I've seen it happen a few other times.

The only other visual glitch I've seen so far on my S7 is when flipping pages on Flipboard, I once got an elongated, white sawtooth sort of transition between two flipped pages. Sort of like vertical image-tearing. It happened on 3-4 flipped pages, then everything returned to normal. Anyone notice flipboard flipping transition issues on this phone? I've never noticed such behavior in all the years I've used Flipboard on other devices.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Nova Launcher Prime. Once in a while I will notice an icon become "milky" looking. I can return it to it's normal appearance by long-pressing it, choosing EDIT, and then hitting DONE. I've seen this happen to two of the 30 home screen icons, at the same time. I'm wondering if this is a glitch that folks have noticed when using Nova Launcher (on ANY phone), or have noticed this on the stock launcher, on the S7 or S7E. Besides the two icons that became milky during the same time period, over the course of owning the phone I've seen it happen a few other times.

I have not notice any icon issues myself on my S7E running Nova Prime. Do you have the icon size turned all the way up or anything like that?

I don't use Flipboard myself so I can't comment on any issues with it.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
they are 100%. Also, I haven't seen the icons fade in the last few days. Flipboard, however, remains problematic when flipping pages.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89