Bluetooth Draining Battery After Fitbit Paired

bthornton84

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey all.

I've got a Galaxy S7 which I have been overall very pleased with in the battery life department (not an easy thing to do for a guy coming from a Droid Turbo). However, after pairing my new Fitbit Charge with it yesterday, my battery life has tanked. For example, whereas I usually have >60% battery life left at the end of my work day, I have been at <30% since pairing the Fitbit.

Looking at the battery stats, the top consumers are Android System, Android OS, and Bluetooth (in that order). I'm used to seeing System and OS at the top since I don't usually do much with my phone during the day, but Bluetooth usually towards the bottom for me. I always leave it on since I use it for music in my car, and that's never been an issue. Digging deeper, I see today that "Time on" for Bluetooth is nearly 7 hours (that's after I turned it off for a while to test how that would change things).

I know a lot of people have Fitbits these days, so I thought I'd ask here and see if anybody else is having a similar experience? And, yes, I've turned off "All day sync" and "Always connected" in the Fitbit app, which didn't seem to help things at all.

bthornton84

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Well I broke down and did a factory reset on my phone and my battery life has recovered back to normal; I can make it through a full day of normal usage and still have 30% by bedtime. Incidentally, I've since paired my Fitbit again and have not noticed the drain. Bluetooth usage is much less now.

So not sure what the issue was, but whatever it was definitely seemed to coincide with Bluetooth usage going way up. Weird.

Posted via the Android Central App

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Mine doesn't seem to affect the battery much. I did turn off "all day sync" a couple days ago, and it seems to have improved the battery life very slightly, but it could be within the margin of error.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07