Fast Wireless Charging Doesn't Always Work

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife's s7 does not always fast charge on our wireless chargers. We have 2 oem Samsung fast wireless chargers. I have never noticed that my s7 does not fast charge. But hers sometimes will not. Today, I thought it was because it wasn't centered on the charger. I picked it up and placed it back on the charger 2 or 3 times and it would only regular charge. Finally, on the 3rd or 4th try it began fast charging.

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, for some of us Samsung Fast Charge is an enigma. Like you, I use Samsung fast charge wall charger and a Samsung wireless stand charger. Sometimes fast charge works and other times not at all, even when it says it's fast charging it's not fast charging as I have had fast charge take 2+ hours from 30%. I did notice that if my phone is not sitting properly on the wireless charger that the blue light on the charger will fast blink. My fast charge expectation was it was going to work like my Moto X (2014) did. The Moto X Turbo Charge charged my phone from 20% to full charge in 50 minutes I could easily get 30% charge in just 15 minutes. I’ve given up on Samsung fast charge, it’s my only major pet peeve with my S7.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here, it's hit-and-miss even with a naked phone. I had wondered if my fast wireless charger might be defective.
Still I do enjoy not having to plug the phone in....

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I just started to have these symptoms. I let my brother use the fast wall charger on another samsung device, now my charge is slow!

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I usually get 3 old school charges that take 2.5 hours to go from 20% to 100%, then I get a 1-2 fast charges, fairly speedy but nothing near what my Moto X (2014) would do but way quicker than the 2.5 hours. Then I'm back to old school charging. I've replaced phone, chargers, cables blah blah blah. Totally disappointed Samsung fast charge.

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
My wife has a 7 edge and I have a 7 and hers doesn't fast charge on the wall charger that came with the phones or the Samsung wireless charger I bought but mine has no problems with any of the chargers.

kelela92

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering which model you have. I've read that the EP-PN920 doesn't work with S7's for fast charging (I have two and neither work although I was told they would). The model EP-NG930 works for S7 fast charging.

Thanks.

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
We have the 930 and my 7 works fine with it, and the wall charger that came with phone. My wife's phone on the other hand, just doesn't seem like it's fast charging when on wireless or wall charger.