Why so hard!!! Need seperate email, one for work and one for hotmail

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
re:

For what it's worth, gmail can do separate widgets per account, and it can do a different icons per account, or even different boxes in each account, but the unread counts is a little different. Two apps really seems like the easiest way to nail this down.

MrPragmatic

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Last edited:

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I use the Outlook app for my work Office 365 email, contacts, and calendar, and I use the standard Gmail app for my personal email, contacts, and calendar. It generally works well, though the Outlook app syncing has slowed up dramatically in the past few weeks. I contacted Help and Feedback and they suggested resetting the app, which helped somewhat, but still way too slow. Why was it speedy at the beginning of the month and now slow? Unfortunately, somehow my work contacts have been vacuumed up and added by my phone so all contacts show despite setting up custom filtering to only show my personal contacts. I don't want to see my work contacts (thousands of them) on my phone! That is the most frustrating thing for me. I would like to keep my work and personal stuff entirely separate on the phone within separate apps.

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Use the email app Nine. Set up both accounts in Nine. Create a Nine widget on your home screen and customize the widget to open the Inbox for one account. Create a second Nine widget and select the other email accounts inbox. Problem solved.

wgs84

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re:

So I just checked the widgets on the stock email app on my S7 Edge. You can choose a widget to only show a particular account. Hence you can have a widget for your work account, and a separate widget for your personal account, displaying on your homescreens. Sort of solves your problem.

That is what I do. I came from using a Windows phone for two years, so I get what OP is talking about. I have three email accounts setup in the stock email app: personal, work/professional, and junk mail/promo crap. Back when I used to use W10m, I had three tiles on my Start screen showing the inbox for each of the three accounts. That way I could just figure out which account has new messages at a glance. On my S7, the setup is similar: a widget showing the contents for each email account (except for the junk mails). It's really pretty much the same thing. The only difference is that I can now scroll in the widget and open emails from it directly, which I really like.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I guess I'm missing something.

My email app from Samsung manages both of my accounts, I can select one or the other or both as I see fit.

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
With Nine does it keep your contacts separate so that when you go to enter an email address you don't have to scroll through everything? That is one frustration I find using Gmail for my personal email and Outlook for my business email. When creating a new email Gmail brings up every email address ever sent to apparently, because when I try to email my wife every time at the top of the list is an erroneous email address that doesn't even exist that apparently I sent an email to at some time. I can't delete it because it doesn't exist in any address book. And then to pull up her actual email address I have to scroll way down past all sorts of business addresses that I almost never use.