Wifi calling won't switch to over

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Just got the latest update, turned off our never-sends-mms microcell and with only a single bar of signal it refuses to switch to wifi calling. Does there have to be zero signal for it to work?

Make it so.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Which carrier are you refering to?

My Note 5, my girlfriends Note 4, both will try to connect to wifi calling if we're on wifi, even if we've got solid 4-5 bar T-Mobile service.

Now, I have noticed that sometimes if the wifi network is slow, or has anything setup preventing the packets to pass, or otherwise not working up to speed (happens a lot on my comcast for some reason), then it will just not connect. I restart the modem and router, and it connects to wifi calling again.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Should have said AT&T. It's all over the map sometimes it switches and then it won't for an hour, same bars. We have really strong wifi setup so I don't see how it could be the issue but who knows?

Make it so.

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Should have said AT&T. It's all over the map sometimes it switches and then it won't for an hour, same bars. We have really strong wifi setup so I don't see how it could be the issue but who knows?

Make it so.

I set up Wi-Fi calling on my S7, too, with the AT&T update and mine will switch back and forth. There seem to be areas of my house that it doesn't like and goes back to cellular, even though the Wi-Fi signal should be pretty strong there (and the AT&T signal is 1, maybe 2 bars at best throughout my entire house). I'm not entirely sure why, but I presume it has to do with the connection quality of my Wi-Fi. We frequently have to change our Wi-Fi network channel because of ***** neighbors move in or get a new router and pick an overlapping channel :p.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Just added the WiFi calling update to my AT&T S7 the other day. I'm not so interested in whether I'm on WiFi or the network, I just want it to work seamlessly wherever I am. Wonder if anyone is having issues with it, like missed or dropped calls. Wife's phone (HTC One Mini) doesn't have it, but she doesn't seem to miss any calls throughout the house with a max of 2 bars showing. My LG looks like it's on WiFi most of the time. Haven't had the WiFi feature long enough to tell if there are problems with it. Time will tell.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
So far it's worked alright but at my job I get barely a a single bar that dropped a call without going into wifi calling mode automatically. I gave up and did the Airplane mode + turn wifi back on to force it.

Make it so.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
If your cellular signal is not strong enough to have LTE, it won't transfer an active call to WiFi. It can only move back and forth during an active call if you have at least some LTE signal. If you are stuck in a 1x zone, no calls transfer to WiFi. Must be originated in WiFi in that case.

Posted via the Android Central App

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Just an update I've resorted to forcing Airplane mode + wifi on at home and at the office. Battery life has gone way up now that it's not holding onto that single bar of LTE.

Make it so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez