Looking forward to upgrade to the Galaxy s7

anken

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this forum and hope that my question hasn't already been answered. I haven't found it anyway....
I 'm looking very much forward to buy the new Galaxy s7.
Currently, I have the Galaxy s4 which I'm very happy with but I can't update the firmware anymore.
Have found some better deals on eBay than what Verizon (longtime customer) can offer.

What I like to do is to buy the Galaxy s7 on eBay . Many units already have the Verizon Sim Card in it. Then transfer the content of my s4 to the s7. After the factory reset I would sell my s4.
Would it be better to unlock my s4 first? I have never done that but it doesn't seem to be that difficult.
Can I transfer my SD Card (32GB) to the new Galaxy s7?
I'm so glad that I have found this forum with so much information.
Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me. Ann

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this forum and hope that my question hasn't already been answered. I haven't found it anyway....
I 'm looking very much forward to buy the new Galaxy s7.
Currently, I have the Galaxy s4 which I'm very happy with but I can't update the firmware anymore.
Have found some better deals on eBay than what Verizon (longtime customer) can offer.

What I like to do is to buy the Galaxy s7 on eBay . Many units already have the Verizon Sim Card in it. Then transfer the content of my s4 to the s7. After the factory reset I would sell my s4.
Would it be better to unlock my s4 first? I have never done that but it doesn't seem to be that difficult.
Can I transfer my SD Card (32GB) to the new Galaxy s7?
I'm so glad that I have found this forum with so much information.
Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me. Ann

Welcome to the forums. You kind of lost me on the unlocking part. Can you elaborate a little, please?

Enverdaz

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
So I just upgraded to the S7 from the S5. Some simple things to do in preparation for your upgrade.
You said you would like to use the MicroSD card you already have. This is doable for sure, however, you might want to check out some of the newer Faster MSD cards available. If you already have a relatively fast read/write card, you will want to move app app data to the phone and just keep music and pictures on the SD card. Using Samsung Smart Switch will transfer the app data, so you won't be losing anything. But if you don't, they newer OS etc won't be able to read the saved app data and will be lost.
As far as "unlocking" if your phone is Carrier locked, you should be able to get an unlock code for it from them directly.
Unlocking the bootloader is probably not what you were referring to, but it likely isn't a good idea.
I went for the U.S. Unlocked G930U. Got it right @ BestBuy in store.
Good Luck with your new purchase

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
My SD card didn't transfer to my S7 from my LG G4, it wasn't recognized. I had to DL to the computer, get a new card on Amazon, then DL the stuff on the computer to the new card. I didn't expect that to happen and almost made me question the purpose of the card. In the end having a SD did me no good at all.

I hope that doesn't happen when I upgrade my S7 to the next phone.

Good luck...you'll really like the S7.

anken

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Thank you to everybody who took the time to write. I appreciate it very much!
So, when I buy the new Galaxy s7 (most advertised ones on eBay are unlocked) , then buy a new SimCard from Verizon , then I would not be locked in for another 2 year contract with Verizon. Is this correct?
At a later date, IF I decide to go with another carrier, then I would have to get the unlock code from Verizon and purchase another Sim Card from the other carrier I have chosen. Is this correct?
Yes, I would like to get another faster SD card at a later date. The next thing I need to buy is a good case for my (hopefully soon!) new Galaxy s7.
Again, thank you very much for writing.