Camera crash and corrupt picture files recovery

A

AC Question

Hi all! I recently got the galaxy s7.. love it.. today was my nephews's first birthday party and I was one picture/video duty. In the middle of using my camera, the app crashed and corrupted most of the day's files. Gah!! :( And now, it continues to corrupt new pictures. Ill post screen shots of what Im seeing.. some of them look fine in my gallery album but when u open them its a gray screen. Others look distorted in the album view with weird colors and lines.
Ive already tried turning off smart stay. Ive also unmounted and remounted my card. Im mostly concerned with recovering all the pictures I lost. Im so sad. Please help !! Thank guys :)

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all! I recently got the galaxy s7.. love it.. today was my nephews's first birthday party and I was one picture/video duty. In the middle of using my camera, the app crashed and corrupted most of the day's files. Gah!! :( And now, it continues to corrupt new pictures. Ill post screen shots of what Im seeing.. some of them look fine in my gallery album but when u open them its a gray screen. Others look distorted in the album view with weird colors and lines.
Ive already tried turning off smart stay. Ive also unmounted and remounted my card. Im mostly concerned with recovering all the pictures I lost. Im so sad. Please help !! Thank guys :)

Welcome to Android Central!

Try going to your settings, application manager, all apps, find the camera app and the gallery app and clear the data from both apps. That should reset the apps to factory settings and MAYBE fix the issue.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
From what others have said simply rebooting the phone sometimes fixes the issue .

As for the corrupt photos without seeing them its hard to say exactly what happened to them. If its corrupt headers these can be repaired, but you would need to use an Hex editor.