How to lessen the overheating problems on the S7

kingYoungbeezzy

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S7 that I bought 4 months ago is overheating too much (and luckily it's not exploding or combusting into flames) and the camera is turning pink-ish due to the heat that the phone produces (like right now while I'm typing this). I've tried to get help from the Samsung Store itself and it suggested me that I should keep it to 3G connection only (since that 4G and 4G+ is quite unstable here in PH). It did quite solve the issue but it heats up again but not as hot as when 4G is selected.

The overheating problem also occurs even though when connected to WiFi. I don't even know why :/

I am thinking of maybe get this replaced if the problem is still on-going or swap this with another phone :(

PS it's up-to-date with the most recent update that samsung released (the 20mb update which made my S7 quite slower than before LOL)

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm in PH and the Aug update did cause increased heating on my S7 Edge. The Sept update I got yesterday fixed it. Go to settings>about phone>software info and check what update you are on.

Also its possible you have a rogue app consistently running in the background causing the phone to heat up. Boot into safe mode and see if it still heats up. If it doesn't, you have a rogue app you should uninstall.

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
note: Gear Vr/ oculus rift had a update on the phone and is currently trying to do a broken update. a update is apparently either in the works or being sent out.