Notifications on "Always On Display" lock screen

Btravelen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought an Edge last week. I came from a Droid Turbo that just received 6.0.1 and really wasn't a bad phone. I'm spending a lot of time getting familiar with Samsungs way of doing things. I spent most of the day on the phone twice with Samsung and once with Google regarding the notifications on the lock screen, specifically, the LACK of notifications. The final Samsung call recommended I take the problem to Best Buys 'Samsung Experience team... wtf.. I guess I was chasing a known problem that isn't fixable, since it's not supported. UNLESS you use their apps

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I bought an Edge last week. I came from a Droid Turbo that just received 6.0.1 and really wasn't a bad phone. I'm spending a lot of time getting familiar with Samsungs way of doing things. I spent most of the day on the phone twice with Samsung and once with Google regarding the notifications on the lock screen, specifically, the LACK of notifications. The final Samsung call recommended I take the problem to Best Buys 'Samsung Experience team... wtf.. I guess I was chasing a known problem that isn't fixable, since it's not supported. UNLESS you use their apps
It's supported on the Nougat update.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Hope so, Thanks
It's not hoping. It actually is. It was already supported on the Note 7. When the beta was released in December, the beta testers got it. And now Nougat has been released in Europe, and they got it. The only way you aren't getting it is if you live in the US and your carrier screwa up the update.

Queen Kong1

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi i need some help, do you have to have a lockscreen set to use AOD?? i chose none but then the little bubble icon doesn't show from textra on the black screen? seems a bit odd i have to have a lock screen set !....I prefer no lock screen pattern..........help??

u7mg0

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
i found the same issue after the nougat update. i never had a lock screen. but now, i just chose swipe and the notificaitons appear on the AOD. not a huge inconvenience. but, still don't know why Samsung did it this way

mike21b

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Be careful what you wish for. Latest software update changed my phone from having only Missed Calls and Text Message notifications on the AOD to having EVERY notification on the AOD - most of them combined into such things as a catch all "you have messages / email / whatever". Well, duh. Since I get hundreds of emails per day, I know that I am going to have them every time I look.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So I actually WANT Hangouts to show up on the AOD and it does not. For a few of my contacts, it is the primary way I communicate so not having new message notifications show up on the AOD is actually a pain. I mean ancillary apps like Bumble show notifications on the AOD but not Hangouts? Both use web based IM'ing like FB Messenger so what gives?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco24