I know this is the s7 forum but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Well what is the issue and what answers did you get?

She's can't send text if she is on wifi. One person said she has to turn wifi off,send the text then turn wifi back on. Another said u can't send text while on wifi which I know is just stupid. She is the only one in our house having this issue.

Toto39

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
You could try a different texting app and see if it is specific to the app. Also try texting at a different WiFi location. This hopefully narrow down the possibilities.

coldfilter

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
For what it's worth I never encountered the problem your experiencing. Also my daughter has my S6 and she doesn't have any problems either.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
She is using the stock messaging. It was not passed down to her. She was the only person to own the phone. I'm not sure what settings to look at.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... if she's anything like me I would want to figure out why not isn't working. I was thinking about the settings under mobile networks and then Access Point names to see if the carrier service person put that in.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... if she's anything like me I would want to figure out why not isn't working. I was thinking about the settings under mobile networks and then Access Point names to see if the carrier service person put that in.

Exactly. Shouldn't have to download another app just to get text to send. I will check those settings

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

Checked that and all of her settings are exactly the same as mine.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well downloading another app and trying if it work will narrow down the problem. If the new app works, then it's a problem in the stock SMS app. If it doesn't work, then it's a global setting problem. So it's something we could try to help finding out the issue.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Well downloading another app and trying if it work will narrow down the problem. If the new app works, then it's a problem in the stock SMS app. If it doesn't work, then it's a global setting problem. So it's something we could try to help finding out the issue.
Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty