Smart Switch won't move messages

likwidkool

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Just as the title says. Backed up with smart Switch because I wanted to do a factory reset after flashing beta 3. Restored through smart Switch and it won't transfer my messages. Any ideas how to get this to work?

Also side note. I was under the impression all my settings and what not would be restored. Nothing was other then apps and even with them none of the app data was restored. I've spent the last hour setting everything back up again.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Smart Switch doesn't do app data. That part is supposed to be up to Google. Games for example are saving to Google Play Games. Unless you chose not to login in the game.

Samsung recently created their own Samsung Cloud to save app data. You may not have activated it. Basically the data is lost if you didn't back up.

likwidkool

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Shoot. I declined to restore apps from Google like I usually do because I thought smart Switch would handle it. Oh well.
Unfortunately cloud hasn't worked on the beta for me.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Shoot. I declined to restore apps from Google like I usually do because I thought smart Switch would handle it. Oh well.
Unfortunately cloud hasn't worked on the beta for me.
Google has the restore option in settings under backup and reset. Just restore it then.

likwidkool

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Google has the restore option in settings under backup and reset. Just restore it then.

I only see the option to restore from Samsung cloud. Seems like cloud is working now though since the reset which is good. I'll keep digging, thank you!

Any ideas on how to get my messages to restore from smart Switch? They're backed up on my computer but it fails Everytime I try and restore.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I only see the option to restore from Samsung cloud. Seems like cloud is working now though since the reset which is good. I'll keep digging, thank you!

Any ideas on how to get my messages to restore from smart Switch? They're backed up on my computer but it fails Everytime I try and restore.
No idea. Didn't do the beta. Not officially available in my country, and I rely too much on my phone to try using beta software on it via unofficial means.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa