Smart Switch missing 90 GB when setting up replacement phone.

GeoGoGo

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

I just received my warranty replacement Note 20 Ultra 5G. I took it to T-Mobile and they ran Smart Switch to transfer my information.

My 20 Ultra has leas than 20 GB free space. They run Smart Switch and it find only 35 GB to transfer. My question is how do I get that 90ish GB off my original phone?

My phone is running Android 13 with OneUI 5. 1.
I look forward to hearing any thoughts, ideas, opinions, or input.

Thank you for in advance for the time. Habe a great Labor Day!

Respectfully,
George D.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
SmartSwitch will not transfer everything off your phone, but it will give you a report of what it couldn't transfer (this can include restricted media, RCS conversations, encrypted files, etc.). It also doesn't transfer all of an app's file size, just the basic install ones (additional downloaded resources, cache files, etc. will not transfer).

GeoGoGo

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
SmartSwitch will not transfer everything off your phone, but it will give you a report of what it couldn't transfer (this can include restricted media, RCS conversations, encrypted files, etc.). It also doesn't transfer all of an app's file size, just the basic install ones (additional downloaded resources, cache files, etc. will not transfer).
Hi Spook!

Thank you for your reply. Is there any way to basically clone my phone? Just all the data, not the shady cloning of a number. I just want to make a exact image of the phone set up.

Thank you for the time! It is greatly appreciated!!

Respectfully
George D.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, no 'stock' option for that on Android (yup, this will always be that ONE feature, iMessage aside, that iPhones do have a right to boast about over Android). There are a few apps out there that claim to do it, but heightened security in the latest Android versions mean that there is still a lot that cannot be accessed by a third party app unless your phone is rooted.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know, I dread that question whenever I try to justify the Android move from iPhones... And one that I still cannot believe doesn't exist in stock options after all these years :( I believe they want everyone to move into cloud options and sync, so that way you just re-download your apps and everything is synced from the Ether (but that still leaves you with re-logging in, etc. per app, which you don't have to do on an iPhone).

Reactions: J Dubbs