How to control which music player autostarts on Bluetooth connect?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I use 3 different music services - my MP3 player (Equalizer app), Slacker and Spotify. I use Spotify more than the others, by far. But, sometimes, when I get in my car and my BT autoconnects, it will start up Slacker. Or the music player. Is there any way to control which one it hooks up to, or maybe makes it prompt you? I do have Tasker, btw, but haven't really gotten in to it yet. Silly little job, family, etc things keep getting in the way of quality phone time!

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm also curious about this. My car bluetooth will autostart the default samsung music player, never pandora or google music.

side note, congrats on the season... looking forward to another great game in our rivalry this fall!

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, and it's become a great rivalry! You guys had a good season as well.

I found this app - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...aderski.bluetoothautoplaymusic&token=1fi-JEYG - and it's been working fairly well. I really want to get in to Tasker and do a script that will handle that more and also be tailored to my other BT devices. If I can get some more of that, um, what's it called.... time? I figure I need at least 30 hours in a day rather than 24, but not sure how to work that out. :/

The Bluetooth Autoplay app will turn your phone volume up to max, open the app of your choice, it can autostart your navigation if you wish, and it keeps the screen on. All of that is customizable to some degree or another. For a free app, it's pretty good. Worth a shot, IMHO.

Good luck and, something we can both agree on, Go Tigers!!