What has happened to my S7?

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
So a while back, my S7's camera lens shattered for no reason. All was fine except the camera wasn't quite as good as it was before. Fast forward a few months now everything has gone down to crap. I managed to get a few drops of water on the phone and now the camera is on the verge of not working. Opening the camera app even causes the phone to loudly rattle. And the camera isn't even the only thing wrong. Upon unlocking my phone, it constantly opens the multitasking or recent apps screen. This is making the phone almost unusable and I had barely done anything to it for this to happen. I thought it may have been a software issue so I tried a hard reset. Still... nothing positive. Can somebody please tell me why this is happening or what I can do? I desperately need this problem to go away or if Samsung can do anything to help, please let me know. Also, the S7 no recognizes that my T-Mobile sim card is inserted.
Thanks,
Johnny

Last edited:

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you got water inside of your device. When your lens shattered you lost any water resistance. That would be my first guess.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm so sorry this has happened to you! Do you have any kind of phone insurance with your carrier? If so, does it cover water damage?

offsidebowler

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Sounds like water got through the cracks of the camera. There's no reason to believe it's a software issue unless it's a huge coincidence, just sounds like water has damaged the hardware.