Google Assistant Update for S7 (where is it?)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I got it, I GOT IT! Now what do I do with it? :p I Googled how to get GA and discovered I had to turn the phone off, hold down the power key till the Samsung logo appeared, release and then hold down the volume down button till the phone reboots. That's probably in one of the 4 pages of this thread....admittedly I haven't been paying a lot of attention concerning all the hoopla over GA.
Playing around with it and so far it seems like it does what Google did before but with an Amazon "Alexa" spin on it.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I got it, I GOT IT! Now what do I do with it? :p I Googled how to get GA and discovered I had to turn the phone off, hold down the power key till the Samsung logo appeared, release and then hold down the volume down button till the phone reboots. That's probably in one of the 4 pages of this thread....admittedly I haven't been paying a lot of attention concerning all the hoopla over GA.
Playing around with it and so far it seems like it does what Google did before but with an Amazon "Alexa" spin on it.
Um, you didn't have to do that.

Just get the update and wait.

Lowgybear3

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Since it seems they're rolling this thing out by region. Anyone in Texas got Google assistant yet? I'm still waiting. I'm a beta tester in both the Google app and Google services

AppleToaster

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
guys, relax.
I just got google assistant today on my S7 edge marshmallow.

In my opinion it's "kind of okay"
I joined the Google play services Beta so that might explain why I have it
Anyways just wait it's not that big of a deal.

Edit: it's buggy...
Edit2: I live in FL

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I have it. Not a fan. How do I disable it to where I can long press to get the google search screen up?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have it. Not a fan. How do I disable it to where I can long press to get the google search screen up?
Can't be done, but if you're on a non home screen and long press home, when the assistant comes up you can swipe up and get most of the stuff you're used to from Google Now.

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow......so why would google do this? I loved the quick Long press and search. Bad move IMO. Thanks for the response!

Groundhound

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Deployment appears random to me. My wife has it on her 2.5 y.o. LG G3, while I'm still waiting with my S7. Same Verizon account, Atlanta area.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow......so why would google do this? I loved the quick Long press and search. Bad move IMO. Thanks for the response!
Oh there's still a quick way to do it that way with the widget on the home screen, as for why they went to voice only ... not sure, but it does sound like they're adding the ability to search with text to Assistant in the near future.