How can I stop my samsung s7 phone from updating itself entirely

A

AC Question

My phone shuts down on it's own to do updates that I really don't like. I want to stop my samsung s7 phone from doing any software updates. They don't ask for permission and will start updating at any random time when I try to use my phone. Can I just stop these updates?! All they do is take up storage and change the color of my apps! It's really annoying.

carolebv

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Do what I am getting ready to do...go back to iPhone! The is last "update" has totally toasted my home wireless on the S7. I have slow DSL here anyway, but at least all of my wireless devices work. Now the S7 wireless checks for "internet quality" and if it is not what they they think it should be it says no internet on wireless. The iPad still works fine. Verizon has done this to just to boost mobile data use.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Switching to an iPhone is not a useful suggestion to an Android user. Doing so would leave so many useful features behind, I've no inclination to enumerate them all.

Nadeemnk

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
My phone shuts down on it's own to do updates that I really don't like. I want to stop my samsung s7 phone from doing any software updates. They don't ask for permission and will start updating at any random time when I try to use my phone. Can I just stop these updates?! All they do is take up storage and change the color of my apps! It's really annoying.

I think you might have switched on developer options. There is an option underneath it called auto update.
Switch it off and i think you are good to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89