Smart Switch from iPhone smart enough to transfer 'Favorite' photos only?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
My wife has finally given up her iPhone 5 after months of buttons breaking, Siri failing, and pictures just not looking as good as my S7.
I'm going to use SmartSwitch to transfer over some data (Contacts, Messages, Notes) and she wondered if Photos would transfer. I already backed up her photos to Google Photos, but she specifically wants the 'Favorited' photos from her iphone (~800) on the S7, even if she doesn't get all of the other photos.

So, with Smart Switch, can you transfer JUST specific photos (in this case, 'Favorite' photos)?
If no, could I do so by making a folder on the iphone called 'Favorites', and fill it with all those photos?

If still no, then can you transfer ONLY 'Favorite' photos to a mac?
She/I don't use the itunes sync really at all. She just uses Mac for photoshop, but she's getting sick of Apple.

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
So when I did mine I sent everything over I know she hates apple. But I tend to always just back up my photos to a mac before I do anything. Just as a safety is rather have 3 back ups n not need them then 0 and fudge up.

So in theory if I remember you should be able to move all the photos you want into a favorites file then back that up then simple drop them into the SD card.

But I would say could try going threw the process and seeing the options before confirming

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So in theory if I remember you should be able to move all the photos you want into a favorites file then back that up then simple drop them into the SD card.

That's what I'm thinking.
Since they're all backed up to Google Photos, I figure I'd transfer everything BUT the photos to the S7.
Then, connect the iphone to Mac & transfer 'Favorites' to the computer --> then transfer to SD card --> then input sd card into S7.

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Yeah better to have a psysical save. Heck I brought my old iPhone in just to see what best buy would give me as credit for a S7 backed it up so glad I did the guy was gung hoe on the set up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member