Best folio/wallet case out there?

elfnberry

May 22, 2017
Visit site
In the absence of a decent tempered glass screen protector I'm going to get myself a folio/wallet case (one where it folds over and protects the screen from scratches/impact). I'd like it to be able to keep itself closed rather than be able to swing over and I'd like to be able to slide it into a pocket without the clasp catching. I'm in the UK can't get all the US cases that I've seen suggested before.

What say you all? Has anyone got a decent case that they'd recommend? I love my UAG plasma but if I can't protect the screen sufficiently I can't use it for the time being. (1year old likes to throw things regardless of how often sentry to stop him).

Bittersweet_Life

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Otterbox Strada.

I am very much like you in using a wallet style case due to lack of a screen protector I am happy with.

Picked the Strada after researching a number of different ones. Has a very clean, luxe finish, handles great and has a very solid case for the phone. Also love the magnetic clasp which keeps the case closed, which not all folio cases have.

The magnetic clasp combined with the sturdy case which houses the phone sold me on the Strada. It securely stays closed and there is little risk of it accidentally opening.

There are def. solid, competent alternatives too, as the Otterbox is one of the pricier options out there.

The Tech21 Evo Wallet is a solid choice and also has the option to convert it from a folding case to a standard one by removing the folding cover.

Shieldon has a number of very affordable leather options too, though sans magnetic clasp, and Spigen has one as well for under $20 on Amazon. Both these have a kickstand feature too.

Most have a card slot on the interior of the folding cover, but without a screen protector I don't put any cards there as to not risk (however minimal) scratching the screen. One other cool thing about the Tech21 is there is a second microfiber layer between the screen and the cover, so you can put cards in and it won't come into contact w. the screen.

(Photos courtesy of MobileFun)

http://www.mobilefun.com/63184-otterbox-strada-samsung-galaxy-s8-case-black.htm

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 56
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 57

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
The Otterbox Strada looks like a great case, I'd consider a folio style case as I have one access card for my office that would go great in that slot however I think opening a flap every time I want to use the phone would drive me crazy, plus the flap hanging over when I take pictures also, I use the camera a lot. Maybe I'd get used to it.

elfnberry

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Thank you :) I ordered the Strada last night having reached the same conclusion on comparison of what's available. Toyed with the UAG metropolis but some said that the cover was loose which isn't brilliant when the whole reason for having the fold over part is to protect the screen. I go to pick up the Strada tonight when I get home from work so will let you know how I get on with it! I use my camera loads so I suspect I'm going to hate the cover but in the absence of the screen protector, I'm going to just have to deal with it. I have ordered some plastic screen protectors to go on the phone for additional protection... Will see how they turn out too. The phone is still so new that I totally appreciate that there's not much out there that's tried and tested properly. If I don't get on with this one I'll look into the tech21 evo although as I didn't find anything about in searching, I suspect it's a US only?

SunnyFL

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I have this case, received two days ago, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm coming from a BlackBerry Z30 which I've had for 4 years without a case, but since going with the S8 this month and reading reports here about the screen, etc., I decided to be a bit proactive this time. I can use this case on my wireless charger without any problem and I like that it's protected although I have a designated pouch in my purse for my phone. Currently, I have a screen protector on my S8 that Verizon installed, so I'm okay with the screen protector, but I do like the added protection of the Strada in case I drop it. This case is minimal in weight and only one credit card/license can fit into the slot provided, but that's okay with me as I carry a slim wallet anyway if I don't want to carry a purse. I'm very pleased with this case and feel that's it worth the money! BTW, I'm enjoying the android experience; although I have a Samsung Tab2 for nearly a year now, but of course a phone is a bit different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez