Google Pixel VS Galaxy S8+

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm coming from a Googl Pixel, 32GB. For the sake of fairness I'll leave size of the display out, however it's obvious that the elimination of almost all of the bezel on the S8 is a clear difference between the pixel. Overall, the Pixel felt cheap in hand when compared to the S8 or even the S7. It felt too light for it's own good and any time you put the phone down, tapped on it idly or shifted from hand to hand it felt hollow, thin and cheap. The S8 in comparison feels like a solid piece of glass with zero feeling of cheapness. It is well crafted. The buttons on the Pixel also wiggled after a few months, and there's a slight wiggle to the power button on the s8, it's no where as bad.

Software wise, I think the Pixel is better at displaying concise menu options and settings. I think Samsung's layout has gotten better but a lot of it is counter intuitive. As for the overall UI, I'd say in my opinion, it's even. The Pixel is good but the Samsung Experience on the S8+ is fluid, snappy and very fast. After turning down the transition animations from 1.0 to .5 it's even faster. It's close but with the improved tweaks to Touchwiz and the minimalist approach I'd say Samsung's decisions on the software side are really good.

Battery life on the S8+ is as good and better than my pixel. I can go all day easily and have arou d 30-40% left at around 7-8pm. That's also with about 4-6hrs SoT. I haven't been able to really test it but with normal use I've never been worried about battery life on this device.

Overall this phone is definitely worth the upgrade.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I come from a one plus 3 to the S8.

I agree, everything else feels dated next to the S8.
It truly is premium.

Not overly quicker than the OP3 but they appear to have got the software right this time.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
When I purchased my S8 at Verizon the sales rep (unusually competent for Verizon) showed me that he used both the Pixel (as his daily driver) and his his 8S+ as his work phone. He established that the Pixel was faster and more seamless. But he admitted he missed the Samsung options.

And, Jeezus, those bezels.

Eric Heiden

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
I come from Galaxy S8 (shoud it be S8+?) I hoped that Bixby can understand I words... it seems that it works well with Korea.
However I like the design! better then Google pixel (though I am waiting for pixel 2~~ )

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
One thing I often wonder about between these two phones is their speed but in regard to aging. While all phones get slower with age, it's pretty common knowledge around these parts that Samsung tend to get laggy MUCH quicker and the pixel is pure stock leading to being "snappier" longer.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
One thing I often wonder about between these two phones is their speed but in regard to aging. While all phones get slower with age, it's pretty common knowledge around these parts that Samsung tend to get laggy MUCH quicker and the pixel is pure stock leading to being "snappier" longer.

I believe you are assuming just a little my friend. My S8+ is about 9 months old and still runs like a beast. Just saying...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non