Hard to wean off the iPhone 7 Plus.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Been on the iPhone 7 Plus since the failure of the Note 7 and having a hard time weaning off the iPhone 7 plus now.

After having the 8+ for 24 hours I can hardly get anything accomplished.

I better give it a little more time.

Anyone else with a problem like I'm having?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I to switched to the iPhone 7+ after the note although it's a high quality phone the ios just held me back it was painful

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Been on the iPhone 7 Plus since the failure of the Note 7 and having a hard time weaning off the iPhone 7 plus now.

I've played a lot with the iPhone 7 and still have an iPhone 6+ which is jailbroken. The thing is that I've been so, so bored with the iPhone and iOS. I can customize Android right out of the box. Only missing some weather lockscreen widgets from the jailbreak community but other than that I have no desire for an iPhone.

What features or functionality are you liking so much with your iP7+?

I am a total Apple Fan girl but these Galaxy phones (starting with the S7Edge) lured me away from iPhones. At first I really missed iMessage but found a nice replacement called Yappy. There's an Android app & a Mac desktop app. Also use SmoothSync for Calender & SmoothSync for Contacts which allows me to sync with iCloud.
I use Nova Prime launcher to easily customize my icons with my favorite iOS theme called Buuf.

Good luck!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

My 8+ is working great

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There are certainly differences... Some things iphone does that I like better than Samsung and vice versa

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

What specifically are you having trouble with?

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Had a 6 Plus thru work for a bit. Only thing I miss about iPhone is taking forever to find an icon on my "desktop". I'd say it ran as or maybe even slightly more smoothly than this 8+ but that might be because I'm asking this phone to do so much.

So, no, it missing my iPhone... At least not yet

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I know what you mean. IMO there are some things that Apple does better than Android and vise versa. I got used to some of those things and I found myself coming back to it every now and then.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I think you would need to be more specific on what you are trying to accomplish that isn't getting accomplished. Both are great phones but get things done in a different way.