Best way to clean screen without possibly messing it up?

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
And by clean I mean disinfect. I just got hit with pink eye (my kids in preschool...lucky me lol) what do you guys suggest is best to disinfect the device? I want to make sure I clean everything so it doesn't spread anymore. But I don't want to possibly ruin any coatings that the glass has on the phone.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
you don't have a towel that can scratch the screen. But if it isnt clean and it has something like sand in it it is possible. Windex wipes would be just fine.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I use a clean microfibre cloth which I replace every 3-4 weeks.

I know of people using spectacle lens sprays and LCD sprays to clean.

Most use the edges of clothing. :)

One thing that makes me squirm is seeing people using their fingers to wipe over the screen or even worse lick their thumb etc and clean the screen that way. :(

One post I read not too long ago had a person saying they actually wash it in a bowl of water.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
24ff9e5165ab98dc94b10cc4aaf02e03.jpg
thanks everyone. I found this in my bathroom. Dumped out half of it and refilled it with water for a good diluted mix. Sprayed it on tissue paper (can't find my microfiber cloths right now, but figured these should be plenty soft) and wiped phone with that. Phone looked great afterward. I checked to see if tissue paper left any micro abrasions and I couldn't see anything. Though I doubt anything in the paper could scratch this glass unless I first wipe something with sand in it. I'll probably pick up some microfiber cloths on Amazon or something.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
for everyday finger print/smudge cleaning, I keep a small eye glass cleaning cloth with me, we have probably 10 of them, in your case, you remove germs, Id use a alcohol wipe as suggested, Id avoid anything else as we're unsure if there's any sort of coating on the screen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non