Interesting device, glad I got to try it.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes apple is following the fold. I think it's going to be more like the flip personally. Like others have said, the fold phone will get more popular when apple comes out with one. Samsung had smart watches first also and people were slow at getting them, then almighty apple released theirs and all of a sudden everyone was getting them, it was like there was never such a thing until then.

I'll give Samsung one thing, at least they innovate, something apple hasn't done for a long time. It used to be the other way around.

By the way, welcome to the fold 4 club. I'll be curious to see how you like it. I think the small improvements are great in real usage, small on paper.
It's so funny how people could care less about smart watches (except for me) when Samsung came out with one. Interestingly enough most would love to have the first galaxy watch features mainly having a camera. Samsung is often regarded as being gimmicky when they take the most risk and aren't afraid to spend the cash on r&d. Remember when people would trash talk Samsung for releasing several models of the same series phone, but now we have Apple doing the same and people are eating it up. I don't even want to think of what the mobile market would be with Samsung. Also crazy to think that watch will be 10 years old next year.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It's so funny how people could care less about smart watches (except for me) when Samsung came out with one. Interestingly enough most would love to have the first galaxy watch features mainly having a camera. Samsung is often regarded as being gimmicky when they take the most risk and aren't afraid to spend the cash on r&d. Remember when people would trash talk Samsung for releasing several models of the same series phone, but now we have Apple doing the same and people are eating it up. I don't even want to think of what the mobile market would be with Samsung. Also crazy to think that watch will be 10 years old next year.

I can see the first couple smart watches Samsung came out with not being popular since they were so big, although I had them. There have been times I wish I had that camera on my watch. The note wasn't popular at first either, Samsung pushed thru and made that phone a giant success. Apple and apple fans like to criticize Samsung on new products, but when apple copies Samsung then they say apple perfected it.

I also remember people and apple trash talking the several models of the same phone. I also remember apple saying phones are perfect when they fit in your hand, big screen phones are over kill and not practical, now what is apple doing?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes apple is following the fold. I think it's going to be more like the flip personally. Like others have said, the fold phone will get more popular when apple comes out with one. Samsung had smart watches first also and people were slow at getting them, then almighty apple released theirs and all of a sudden everyone was getting them, it was like there was never such a thing until then.

I'll give Samsung one thing, at least they innovate, something apple hasn't done for a long time. It used to be the other way around.

By the way, welcome to the fold 4 club. I'll be curious to see how you like it. I think the small improvements are great in real usage, small on paper.

Yeah Apple /Google are gearing up soon for there foldable devices , thanks I think I'll be right at home with the Fold 4 like the 3 and I'm sure the small improvements are going be welcome.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I can see the first couple smart watches Samsung came out with not being popular since they were so big, although I had them. There have been times I wish I had that camera on my watch. The note wasn't popular at first either, Samsung pushed thru and made that phone a giant success. Apple and apple fans like to criticize Samsung on new products, but when apple copies Samsung then they say apple perfected it.

I also remember people and apple trash talking the several models of the same phone. I also remember apple saying phones are perfect when they fit in your hand, big screen phones are over kill and not practical, now what is apple doing?
Exactly. A lot of people don't get it when Samsung releases it's first iteration, but 2 to 3 years later they start to see the vision. I hear a lot of people say "man that's a nice looking phone. If only Apple made it." Or my personal favorite Samsung is starting to give Apple a run for their money. Like where have you been this didn't just happen in the last few years lol. Now granted the continuity of their products syncing together is probably where they use to lack the most, but as far as an individual product having incredible that's been happening for years now. I feel like the note 7 debacle really held them back. Obviously they've bounced back as most companies wouldn't have been able to, but not the level that they were headed to had it never happened.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah Apple /Google are gearing up soon for there foldable devices , thanks I think I'll be right at home with the Fold 4 like the 3 and I'm sure the small improvements are going be welcome.
You really think Apple will release a foldable in the never few years? I hate that the media and some bloggers try to create a narrative that it's coming soon. They always do that. Like how they said that Apple would have an under screen fps before Samsung and that it would be better. That was never going to happen (not that they need it since their saving grace is face id) ,but they always mention that Samsung introduces things because they Apple would have it in their device which usually ends up being false.

Although the fold 4 is an incremental change to the fold 3 it seems to address most concerns. At least the major one I had with the 3 and that was more usable space on the outside display and maybe better cameras. I still prefer my flip long term, but I feel it would be different if I didn't use my tab s7+ a lot which negates me needing a bigger screen on my phone for most task.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You really think Apple will release a foldable in the never few years? I hate that the media and some bloggers try to create a narrative that it's coming soon. They always do that. Like how they said that Apple would have an under screen fps before Samsung and that it would be better. That was never going to happen (not that they need it since their saving grace is face id) ,but they always mention that Samsung introduces things because they Apple would have it in their device which usually ends up being false.

Although the fold 4 is an incremental change to the fold 3 it seems to address most concerns. At least the major one I had with the 3 and that was more usable space on the outside display and maybe better cameras. I still prefer my flip long term, but I feel it would be different if I didn't use my tab s7+ a lot which negates me needing a bigger screen on my phone for most task.
Yeah i hear you

On the fold 3 to Fold 4 upgrade im looking forward to small upgrades for cover screen the fold 3 didn't bother me much because im in the main display but looking forward should be here on 22nd

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I hate being on this forum because I'm always being persuaded to buy gadgets lol. I love love love my flip 4, but I feel for certain occasions I would like to take the fold 4 around even though I don't need it the trade in options are really ttempting. Going to try and just wait for the pixel 7 pro and make that my last phone purchase of the year

Never work for Verizon, I was tempted to get a new phone every few months, so many devices had unique features back in the day. Phones were more interesting before the Samsung/Apple duopoly in the states. It's a shame both Windows mobile and Blackberry failed.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
They sneaky Samsung with business account they give you more for the trade in but storage was same price between 256gb and 512gb I hope those numbers are right lol whatever close enough on personal account but business account the price was for 256gb and spen case was free with personal , business I had to pay but no tax

I'll consider Fold if extra cases aren't needed for the S pen. If it's kept inside the body of the device like Note/Ultra, then I'm going to have a look at it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
And be able use spen on outer display not just inner , make one end of the spen for inner display and other end for outer because different screen

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Never work for Verizon, I was tempted to get a new phone every few months, so many devices had unique features back in the day. Phones were more interesting before the Samsung/Apple duopoly in the states. It's a shame both Windows mobile and Blackberry failed.
The blackberry priv was such a nice looking phone. Too bad that was all as that phone was completely crap with a ton of issues lol.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174