Two annoying behaviors I need help with

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
There are two behaviors that are different, in a bad way, from my S7 Edge and I'm hoping someone has a fix for me.

1. I have a program called Popup Notifier that pops up a window when a selected notification arrives. It is modal and must be dismissed before anything else can be done. Good for meeting reminders and text message notifications.

On the S7 Edge it popped up over the top of the "always on" display. On the S8+ it doesn't. I have to dismiss the Always On display in order to see the pop up message. Kind of defeats the purpose of the pop up message.

Yes, I see a tiny icon on the Always on display when a message arrives. But that in no way catches my attention like a pop up window.

How do I fix this?

2. I have a program called AutomatIt Pro that runs macros. When I get in the car a macro runs to turn on the display and make the screen timeout as unlimited. That way I don't have to fumble with turning on the screen while driving. It's always on and never reverts to the "always on" display. On the S7 Edge unlimited meant 24 hours which is fine while driving. (I could go into display settings and see that timeout was 24 hours even though 10 minutes was the maximum I could set manually).

On the S8+ when the macro runs and sets timeout to unlimited the display timeout is actually set to 10 minutes which means it turns the screen off while I'm driving home. No bueno.

How do I fix this?