Edge display

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
To me, it's like the task bar of a Windows PC.
I use it for the Device Maintenance panel for clearing the cache and shutting down background apps.
That's pretty cool said, for me, I use the most used apps, contacts and sports for my hockey teams.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use the edge for apps I would normally have on a different screen. I also use it for stocks and weather.
Me too absolutely! I love having a clean interface. Only the calendar widget which is fully transparent is on my screen which I need.

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I use the apps edge, smart select, and the tasks edge. Just a tidbit for those that use the tasks edge and a third party launcher and want to add your own shortcuts. You will have to switch to the TouchWiz Launcher, add your shortcuts to one of the home screens, then they will show up on the edge panel with third-party launcher.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My mom has a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and has not yet programmed the edge screen for anything. I've told her about it but she doesn't really see a use for it.

If I had an Edge device, I'd use it for most-used contacts. But, as per usual, it all depends on specific user preferences.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My mom has a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and has not yet programmed the edge screen for anything. I've told her about it but she doesn't really see a use for it.

If I had an Edge device, I'd use it for most-used contacts. But, as per usual, it all depends on specific user preferences.
I find the edge screen really useful of course. It's nice for the quick most important apps, and for the screen shots.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had trouble with the weather edge? It just says tap here to restore weather data but it just goes away and never shows anything. It worked fine on my s7 edge. Also did they get rid of the edge feeds I think they were called? You could swipe the edge when the display was off and it would scroll news and sports scores

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but I did t use that feature I just have my weather on my homescreen in manual refresh. Weather is one of those pieces of info that I don't want to have to look for it should just be there.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone had trouble with the weather edge? It just says tap here to restore weather data but it just goes away and never shows anything. It worked fine on my s7 edge. Also did they get rid of the edge feeds I think they were called? You could swipe the edge when the display was off and it would scroll news and sports scores
Haven't used weather edge. I use Weatherbug it has a temp display in my top notification bar which I love

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Just wondering what uses people have for their edge displays? I use mine for my most used apps/ core Google apps, and the people edge screen.

I have Edge stuff turned on, but nothing happens.

Under Settings > Display > Edge Screen I have both "Edge Panel" and "Edge Lighting" selected.

Edge Panel is there. Edge lighting does not happen. I have yet to see what that looks like.

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site

I'm starting to think you should have kept your S7 Edge. My girlfriend has one. It's what made me decide to get the S8, but I realize I like her phone way better. It's got a bigger screen and seems to be more useful and less of a PITA as the S8.

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
I have Edge stuff turned on, but nothing happens.

Under Settings > Display > Edge Screen I have both "Edge Panel" and "Edge Lighting" selected.

Edge Panel is there. Edge lighting does not happen. I have yet to see what that looks like.

Never mind! I found the settings where you have to turn on edge lighting for individual apps.

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Never mind! I found the settings where you have to turn on edge lighting for individual apps.

Wait. Now I realize that even though I've turned it on for several apps, it may still not ever show its face.

So many "cool features" that just don't freaking work as advertised.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering what uses people have for their edge displays? I use mine for my most used apps/ core Google apps, and the people edge screen.

I use it for most used apps as well. Basically to keep the homescreen looking clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699