S8 Plus dials 911 in pocket

A

AC Question

My new S8 Plus has dialed 911 more than once already. It seems to be doing so from the lock screen. Any suggestions on how to remove this feature? My S3 Note did it one time in all the years I had. But this phone in last week is twice.
What a dumb set up.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Testing mine, the only way I can get to a phone icon is by hard pressing the home button. Are you applying pressure somehow when the phone is in your pocket? Are you using Smart Lock?

Ageeb

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I had the worst times with my phone in my pocket on S7 Active. Police were even dispatched once from pocket dialing 911. The only thing I could come up with was my display is always carried towards my leg. Every time I pulled that phone out there would be a long string of password characters across the screen.

This phone hasn't had that symptom yet. I even have smart lock > on body detection enabled.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you have this turned in?

The other option is you can turn the shortcuts off on lock screen.

f2963a57eabca6045795b3eeaf17e45b.jpg

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I've never had ANY phone pocket dial or pocket type or pocket....anything. But I also always wear blue jeans. Maybe jeans are a little too thick to activate the touch screen. But I'll have to watch out for this. This phone seems to have a particularly sensitive touch screen. Not sure how local laws are near you but here if police or emergency services respond to more than 1 or 2 "accidental" calls from you or your business you get fined.