Can't get rid of voicemail notification

A

AC Question

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy 8 as of today. My contract is with 3 in the UK. I bought the phone outright.

My problem is that I keep getting a notification that I've got a voicemail. However, when I dial my voicemail there isn't one. I had this problem for months on my iPhone but kind of just put up with it. However,switched to Android today and it's still there.

So far I've tried listening to my voicemail and making sure I have none.

One thing that kind of helps until I reboot the phone is this. I've been into settings> apps> show system apps> select 'phone' > storage> clear data.

When I do this the icon disappears in my notifications. However, as soon as I reboot the phone it comes back.

Interestingly... When I'm in 'show system apps' I have 'phone' listed 3 times with identical icons. It's only the first in the list I need to clear the data from too remove the notification...

Any advice please?

hparsons

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Check to see if there it's a voicemail app. Seems I remember a commercial "trial " Visual Voicemail app that had the "introduction" as the first voicemail. I used Package Disable Pro to turn it off on my system.

louie2701

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue with my Note 5 and I had to actually call my voicemail (which I have not done in years) and clear it out from there.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have that problem from time to time on different phones....I believe it's a service issue from your carrier. Specially it did it on different phones. Voice mails are normally controlled by your carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa