T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Google Calendar Notifications

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I tend to have a lot of appointments due to my job and one thing that I am not getting is calendar notifications. I would set up my calendar to notify me of appointments and such and they show up, notifications show as set but I get nothing at all. I did not have this issue on my iPhone where they came like clock work. Any suggestions on fixes or different calendar apps that will sync with OSx and Google?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Besides the usual Notification Settings within the app and going to Settings-Apps and looking for the App and its permissions to see if you have something else there not allowing the notifications, I'd recommend you to do what I've been practically all day recommending on various threads and check to see if by not "optimizing" the app it gets better.

Android has a native feature to "optimize" the battery by shutting down background processes on apps, this is called Doze. Go to Battery Usage and its menu (3 dots at the top right) go to "Optimize battery usage" then in the drop down select All Apps then look for Google Calendar and turn that off.

I really don't know if by doing this will make it better, but there's no harm by doing this and is completely reversible if it doesn't helps. BTW, my Google Calendar worked perfectly for the couple of days I had it before I went back to use the native Samsung Calendar App.

**EDIT** Now that I read your post again I don't know if what I posted above applies to you, for some reason I first thought that you were talking about notifications using the google Calendar app, but now I think you meant just your Google calendar records but using the default Calendar app. If it was the app then try what I posted above, if not, then I really don't know, as I'm currently using Samsung Calendar app and everything's working as expected, maybe try the Clear cache and Data of the Calendar app from the Settings-Apps Menu, your Google data won't be affected, just the local stored one.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Before your edit, I ran a test on what you posted and it seems to have worked. I will keep an eye on it. I use this method because I can put appointments and my work schedule on my computer and they seamlessly end up on my phone. When I have meetings and such, I like a notification just in case I forget about it

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Before your edit, I ran a test on what you posted and it seems to have worked. I will keep an eye on it. I use this method because I can put appointments and my work schedule on my computer and they seamlessly end up on my phone. When I have meetings and such, I like a notification just in case I forget about it

But what exactly worked for you then? Are you using Google Calendar App or is your Google calendar showing on the Native Samsung Calendar App?

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Using the Google Calendar App which is synced with my MacBook. I have not gotten the stuff to show from Google to Samsung Calendar. It its possible, I am not sure how, I am moving over from 4 years with iOS and am trying to learn this all.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Using the Google Calendar App which is synced with my MacBook. I have not gotten the stuff to show from Google to Samsung Calendar. It its possible, I am not sure how, I am moving over from 4 years with iOS and am trying to learn this all.

You can easily keep using Google Calendar app, that's why Android is great, you can use whatever you want, but using the Samsung Calendar App is no different, remember that what you are doing on your Mac is just adding or editing new entries to your Google Calendar that by its nature is Cloud base, so with just allowing Calendar sync in your Account Settings you'll already have all your Google Calendar entries on your default Samsung Calendar app too, so I'd advise you to just use it and decide which one is better for your or which one you like the most.

In fact no matter the app you choose you can always leave the settings I posted above off, and it shouldn't give you any more issues with your notifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty