Galaxy S8+ screen edges bleeding light between frame and glass. (Help, Defective?)

BleedingEdgesS8

May 26, 2017
Visit site
I've noticed for a while now that there was a glow coming from the sides of the LED smart case I have on my S8+. Ever since I've had the thing I believe, I got it at launch. But just now I was getting curious because it was glowing even where the case didn't hold, like over the buttons. So I took off the case, fired up a completely white background, and I saw that around every single part of where the frame and front glass meet, light was bleeding through. Normally I would shrug it off, but I got thinking and worrying that maybe the waterproofing could be not working right given there's a bit of a gap to let light through. And I also began to wonder if there was an adhesive issue and that since I've only had the phone for a month, what if it gets worse and the screen actually starts to peel back. So I decided I need to figure out what's going on. Does anyone else have this issue?

I have an extensive imgur album at the bottom here showing just what I'm talking about, and my phone is only at about 55-60% brightness for these pictures. I really don't want to RMA the device if I don't have to, pressing down on the screen very hard does nothing to "close the gap." And there is a very tiny noticeable gap I can run my finger over and feel, so it's not just paint chipping off. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Edges Glowing on the Galaxy s8 - Album on Imgur

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm interesting i didn't noticed anything like that but i'll check tonight see if i have bleeding, but out of curiousity have you tried bringing the device to your carrier see if they'd exange it ?

Marconis4

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Just noticed mine doing this today. I feel like it's gotten worse over time as I never noticed it prior...had it just over two weeks.