[Guide] Complete Guide to Using Odin(de-bloat,root and recover)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
please assist as am trying to instal firmware for my samsung galaxy s2 GT-I9100 and this is the error am getting
What led you to believe that you needed to load anything but the PDA file?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Alikay777

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I did this information to flash my gt I9500 device. I did everything. but after reseting my device, the android robot ( the symbol) appears. it stucked. there is nothing to do. why this happens. please help me....

DibsXIII

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi, my S3 crashed whilst showing a video, I had to take the battery out to reset it and hen when I turned it back on again it went into a boot loop and now it only comes up with a white screen when I turn it on. However I can still put the phone into Odin mode.

After researching on the internet I downloaded Odin v3.09 and downloaded I9300XXUGMK6_I9300OXAGMK6_I9300XXUGMK6_HOME.tar.md5

However, when I tried to run this, Odin came up with a fail message and reported that there was no PIT partition.

Is the phone now a brick or is there a way of setting up the PIT partition using Odin? If there is a way of doing this, simple instructions (or as simple as possible would be much appreciated!!) :)

Many thanks.

Ronald Halbal

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
can i flash another region's firmware on my Note 5?
e.g. a N920i on a N920T (yes the N920T is unlocked)?

I've read it was done but some minor bugs/errors were encountered after install.

cdiazr

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Sorry but.. ¿Complete Guide to Using Odin? I don't think so...:mad::mad::mad: just flashing and that is only a toy for kids. Can you tell me how to set a new pit file in my phone? Why I have to? It is my business, just tell me if this post is a really Complete Guide to Using Odin. :-$

Thanks!

djeowen

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for this post - very helpful.
My son's mobile (Galaxy 2 GT-I8160) was having issues connecting to play store. A number of forums recommended device resets, updates, clearing caches, uninstalling some apps. Reseting had no effect, the device said it was already updated, numerous apps including the ones I tried to uninstall showed zero bytes.
I tried a flash of the device using up to date firmware and the odin software and it sorted it out a treat.
I am aware of the dangers of bricking a device so I did this as a last resort.
As I am the curious sort I will now play around with an old scrap device to get familiar with odin.

Regards djeowen

Robert Voimerestean

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Could you help me with my soft bricked Sm-G935F?

I tried flashing my firmware with odin because my phone was buggy, but i got an error every time i try, it fails right after the cache.ini file, i've tried last 5 odin versions and about 4/5 firmwares, my phone original firmware was had the country code ATL, i've used 2 versions of firmware for ATL and none worked, even tried with other country codes, always the same thing: fail after Cache.img i'm desperate to find a way to solve it because i now can not turn off my phone, i tried Power+Vol. Down but it only restarts it and i'm quite afraid cause it is burning like hell. I've read on some forums that some people managed to fix their soft bricked phones with a pit file and then trying the firmware, any chance you could help me do the same? i'm quite noob at this kind of things.

Aditya Banerjee1

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Hey... Thanks a bunch.

i have a samsung galaxy s3 which doesnt get past the first black and white screen which shows Samsung GALAXY SIII, GT-I9300.

it can go in download mode.
....and shows the following:
....................................................................................
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME:
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD:No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom.

Downloading....
Do not turn off target !!

further still, it cannot go in recovery.

How can odin help me?

please help.

Regards,

Tom LL

Hey, I think you just wiped the system partition! You can use odin to fix your device. First download the firmware (GOOGLE SEARCH) and follow the above steps! The downloaded file should be placed in PDA.
Best Of luck!

Regards,
Aditya B.

Vincent Lee4

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
hi,

i used odin on my note 2 (SHV-E250S) to bring it back to version 4.3 but after everything is done, odin says passed but my phone stuck at loading screen and it wont go to home page..... please help. im totally new to this.

BrianI Schussler

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Good Day.

Firstly thanks for the helpful forum. I have a Samsung J1 Ace, and it keeps getting stuck at the sboot.bin after that I extractd the md5 and removed the sboot but then it gets stuck installing the system.img. I had to unfortunately include the pit file as odin wouldn't update any other way. I've tried different md5 files and pit files without success and usually end up at the same problem. Any idea on what I can further try as I am really out of ideas.

Many Thanks :)

harman90

May 4, 2017
Visit site
odin guide

hello sir
i want help
im using odin mode to install new 7.0 android my galaxy s7edge.by mistake i select BL and AP both file now i face problem there is some file double and some new application in my mobile settings thats are not supported by my device. so now i want to remove BL file please advice me how can i remove.
thank you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non