Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TGK369
  • 1 Post By TGK369
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kies 2.5 won't recognize my S3

Hi all. First time to post here. I recently updated to Kies 2.5 and it won't recognize my S3 and S2. I had to uninstall and reinstall but after a few minutes, it doesn't work anymore. Any other who's experiencing this? The previous Kies were fine until this update. Thanks.

The message is: "This device is not supported by Kies 2.0. Make sure your device is supported and try again"
    Last edited by Dieselz; 10-22-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Kies 2.5 won't recognize my S3

Which version of Kies is it? It says both 2.5 and 2.0???

Steps may fix your problem:

1- make sure you uninstall again Kies and re-download it from the official link of samsung samsun.com/Kies

2- since you download and install Kies from Samsung then you'll be sure that this is the last version of Kies.

3- shutdown your device s2ors3 then connect your device to pc.

cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

I have the same issue. I can connect to Kies when it is first installed. When I return the next day it says unable to connect. The troubleshooter reinstalls the drivers and a restart is required. After that I get the message saying that my S3 is unsupported by this version of Kies (I've downloaded the latest version) It feels like 1998 trying to connect my WinMobile PDA.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by wisshay View Post
    Steps may fix your problem:

1- make sure you uninstall again Kies and re-download it from the official link of samsung samsun.com/Kies

2- since you download and install Kies from Samsung then you'll be sure that this is the last version of Kies.

3- shutdown your device s2ors3 then connect your device to pc.

cheers!

is your phone supposed to be switched off?
    im just updating Kies justnow..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

The version indicated is 2.5.0.12094_28 but the message says Kies 2.0. I'm going to reinstall Kies using an older version and see what happens.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

i updated to 2.5 tonight and now it wont let me back up the phone lol...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

I'm having the same problem, my mic on my phone has just suddenly stopped working so I took it back to the shop I bought it from to change it, they told me to back up my phone before swapping it and now I can't even back it up...

EDIT: I've just uninstalled Kies (for the 4th time) and re installed it and its now accepting my phone, but its taking ages to prepare the phone before backing it up...
    Last edited by TGK369; 10-23-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: update
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

back up takes ages when it works mate....

GT-I9300, UK

I've had to run it twice, the first time it failed at 80% and now the second time it failed at 97% which is really annoying

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

yeah its brain damage man. worlds biggest smartphone maker and their software is :banghead: lol

GT-I9300, UK

to make things worse i stayed up all night trying to back it up but it still wont let me???
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

i havent bothered backing up m8 lol. downloading JB justnow over fiances throttled wifi hotspot (about 1mb/s)
    the 1st part didnt take long showing this screen
    Kies 2.5 won't recognize my S3-uploadfromtaptalk1351114335411.jpg

and now its downloading something far bigger with this screen
    Kies 2.5 won't recognize my S3-uploadfromtaptalk1351114379550.jpg
    is that normal??

thats not my girly hand with the ring btw lol

GT-I9300, UK

Still can't back my phone up...this is ridiculous I'm going to loose everything...are there any 3rd party apps I could use to back up my stuff?

Had the same problem today (Kies 2.0 would not recognize my S3 even though version updated to 2.5). I kept S3 usb connected to PC and went to Samsung website. Downloaded Kies again (it will automatically ask to uninstall the one on your computer before reinstalling). Once installed, it immediately recognized my S3 and I was able to use backup and all other functions without a problem. Hope this works for others!

The problem that i'am having is that when i back up my phone via kies it takes forever and it stock on backing up my applications, i ended up not having a back up and not updating my s3 to JB. Its time consuming and just reading and watching the different scenario of story of errors after the update.

I will just wait until we have a perfect JB updates

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

mate you dont really have to bother backing up before an official update

GT-I9300, UK

I have had the same problem with my Galaxy Ace. It is caused by an update to Kies "for firmware management" that is applied to version 2.5.0.12094_28. If you don't accept the update it will continue to work ok. The only solution once you have installed the update is to uninstall Kies, install it again from scratch (I downloaded from ) and then don't accept any updates until there's a newer version that has fixed the problem. Unfortunately, installing this update doesn't change the version number (a rather alarming and fundamental failing in version control) so there is no easy way of telling whether you have the update installed or not (except that it doesn't recognize the device).

I've managed to now back up the simple files not none of my apps as I think that's the part that's making it crash.

I'm not sure if my phone is completely on its way out or if JB just really sucks.

Did all the above 3 times and still just says connecting but it never connects..

If you have the Kies Mini install, that will work. I just installed 2.5 and nadda. Thankfully still had Kies Mini.

Just FYI,

Had the same error, I just connected into a different USB slot on my PC and it recognized it again.