S3 and note 10.1

farang

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a few questions and hope someone here can help me?
I have an s3 international version gt-I9300 and a gt-N8000 both bought in Thailand where i live. At some point i will be leaving and wondered a few things?
1, the firmware is thailand version so is there an international version I should change to? And how. I noticed the sales guy when starting the note chose Thailand at startup and I didnt get a chance to choose country.
2, samsung apps are all in thai in the samsung store, how can I change it to english?
3, my samsung account is also in Thai so not much use to me as I cant read this also.
4, the apps in google play seem to focus on Thai apps like thai tv etc. How can i change this?

Ps I love my toys :)

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking that a factory reset and then set the phone up the way you want it (in english I assume). The firmware is international so you really do not have to worry about that. The US as far as I know are the only idiots that have to worry about firmware from carrier to carrier

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
your gt-i9300 is definately international and will work anywhere (if you bought it from a carrier you may have to get it unlocked)
im not familiar with the Note10.1 product code but im sure it will be the same as its a GT-.
where are you moving to?
North America is the only place you could have problems

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

farang

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The firmware on both ends with "thl" so I assume what you are saying is that when I move, I should factory restet and choose the country I move to? It will then use the firmware for that country, or at least update to that country when i plug into keis?

Australia is my next move very soon.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
resetting and choosing country will only change language i think.. it wont change the firmware so your phone will think its in thailand or whatever and get updates when thailand get it.
you can change the country code (CSC) search in here or google it, itl involve rooting.
good luck mate

Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, West of Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
p.s, have you tried changing language to english in language settings?

Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, West of Europe :beer: